+ Discussione Chiusa
Risultati da 1 a 2 di 2
    La Borga L'avatar di Uff

Arrow Need For Speed: Shift - FAQ

Dato l'interesse generato dal nuovo Need For Speed, vedo di raggruppare qui tutte le informazioni più importanti rilasciate e che riguardano la corretta configurazione del gioco, piuttosto che i bug noti e altro. Il post verrà aggiornato nel corso del tempo.
    • Driver ufficiali per volanti Logitech: versione 5.08.
    • Editing tools: applicazioni per aprire i file di gioco e modificarli a piacere.
    Spoiler:

QuickBMS: discussione.
    Programma per aprire e ricompattare i file.

• Eliminare i filmati di introduzione.
    Spoiler:
    Andate nella cartella Electronic Arts\Need for Speed SHIFT\Movies e rinominate i file Franchise_Ident.bik e Attract.bik in .bak (potete anche eliminarli, le soluzioni sono varie). Il gioco così non li caricherà più e avrete anche tolto il filmato di introduzione non skippabile. Se volete eliminare anche gli altri video, seguite lo stesso procedimento.

• Intervista ad Ian Bell.
    Spoiler:

- Ian Bell used the ridiculous, hyperbolic term “data treasures” to mask the fact that Shift didn’t have laser-scanned tracks. He also tried to explain that Shift used car telemetry to re-create the surfaces of tracks.

‘Bell used the ridiculous, hyperbolic term “data treasures” to mask the fact that Shift didn’t have laser-scanned tracks.’

I’ve never used the term.
    We didn’t lasar scan the tracks. I’m not attempting to mask that.

‘Bell is the same guy who tried to sell us pre-release that Shift was a pure sim. That and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee.’

I didn’t. I did though say I felt that in pro mode it simulates the experience of racing a real car better than anything out there. I stand by that.

Quick word of thanks to the overwelmingly positive response we’ve gotten from the community, especially all of the emails. It’s really appreciated and I hope we came some way to matching your passion with our first offering as SMS.

- Reading pre-release-interviews I always felt like: This guy is just trying to make a fool of us simracers. And you still can’t stop doing so.
    And finally: How can a game with a maximum of 8 players online (promised was a max of 16 players by you) ’simulate[...] the experience of racing a real car better than anything out there’?
    I do understand the point that Ian’s statements are part of a marketing strategy. But the massive use of exaggerations is highly visible and that’s a bit too much.

I maintain that this is by far the best racer of this generation to convey how racing really feels. The physics are built on the base engine we used in GTR2, with a completely new tyre model, input model, tyre to ground contact system (Physx). I was at the Nordschliefe just this weekend with some of the team and we all agree this is as close as it gets to modelling the whole experience. I don’t see any massive exaggerations, apart from the accusation of such

- While I disagree with the marketing hyperbole, I understand that it’s all part of the PR/marketing game. Their job is to get people pumped up for the upcoming release. I also have found other games to be more realistic feeling than Shift, but I’m glad SMS is taking Shift closer to a true sim experience. EA needs a game like that in its portfolio.
    You and your team at Blimey have provided me hours of fun with GTR 2, and for that I’m very grateful.

No worries Paul, it comes with the territory and if you don’t ‘know’ someone it’s easy to scorn the marketing blurb.

What I try to do is state the reality as it is at that moment. Things often change during the course of a development for many reasons, some out of our control, but we as a team (most of the GTR2 devs) always felt that the grip, slip, scrub, regrip behaviour of pretty much any car wasn’t there in the competition, thus the new tyre model among other things. With the exception of some of the physics, the engine is all new though.

Handling feel is always going to be very subjective though. I’m happy with what we achieved, but then I’m biased

We do care as you say and in fact we’re listening to and collating the feedback on the forums to see where we can improve. It’s been a long haul for us as a team without a product on the market and we’re lucky to have survived and gotten this far. Shift is (thankfully) a huge success which helps us no end for the future.

Glad you enjoyed GTR2 and maybe with some mods you’ll grow to enjoy this one as much.

- I’d like to know, what he thinks about the modding of Shift and the Real Mod itself.

I personally think it’s great, especially as we didn’t go out of our way to make it easy. I haven’t tried any of them as yet as it’s been very busy lately.

- Ian, Are you including Live For Speed, NetKar and iRacing when you say that shift has the most realistic handling out there? Or are you conveniently leaving those games out of your comparison?

Everyone has their own impression of what is realistic handling. It’s always been a very subjective thing. I feel we simulate the experience of being behind the wheel of a race car better than any of the competition, but this might not be what you mean by ‘realistic handling’ . We’ve built upon a realistic physics core and added more realistic modules where we thought they were needed. We worked very hard with physics, sound and graphics to ’simulate’ the experience.

Many of the team race often and feel we’ve gotten closer than anyone else. I maintain that GTR2 was too difficult. I’ve yet to have a car break away on track as suddenly as we had it in GTR2. The reality is that a road and race tuned car is fairly easy to drive to the edge and slightly beyond. They tend to scrub off speed if understeering or oversteering and with the right inputs for oversteer, are generally easily righted. We don’t have fudged ‘aids’ in pro mode. What is in the game is a direct result of what we feel are authentic physics.

We do have some input filters applied when using a pad (of course) but the underlying physics are the same.

- I agree that the majority of current sims are way more difficult to drive than reality, but I dont think thats due to inaccurate physics in general but rather the lack of physical forces.
    But surely theres some issue with stock physics in Shift because while easy to control, a lot of the cars seem to feel unresponsive and “floaty” (might be my controls, default wheel and FFB settings are SHOCKING out of the box, FFB decent after some tweaking of the xml file). Also they seem to have an alarming tendency to oversteer in situations where you just wouldnt expect it. Anyway, just wanted to know whether you guys were satisfied with this side of the physics because it feels quite dodgy to me.

Apart from the bugs (some UI garage issues and the bouncing) yes, we are happy with it. Most of these bugs are fixed and a patch is in testing now.

- Is there any possibility that SMS in the future might release a game/sim that resembles more what most PC sim racers are used to, in terms of gameplay features such as full race weekends with practice/quality/race, pit stops, total damage and so on? I can see why things like these are excluded from a NFS game, even though I wish these things would have been included.

I think I know what you mean in terms of people getting what they are used to and it’s a possibility, we certainly love that sort of detail.

The reality is that the vast majority of buyers (across all platforms) don’t care for the fully simulated race weekend, or damage that ends their race etc. It comes down to a decision of what we can do in the allocated time to improve the game for the majority and what a publisher feels are big wins. Being able to achieve that without delivering something generic or ‘common denominator’ is the trick.

- Hi Ian.Thanks for Shift, I like it a lot. Do you find it weird competing with your previous products like this? The most surreal part of the reaction to Shift, to me, is seeing people whose only previous experience with racing is in GTR2 decry Shift as unrealistic. As funny as that is to watch from outside, I can’t help but feel that something went wrong managing expectations for Shift – either in terms of the pre publicity or the default control settings or the garage setups (which seem awfully slide/oversteer happy). Are some better “track setups” along the lines of the ones you can load in GTR Evolution on the cars for a patch?

I’m happy we finally have a product out we can compare to our previous work. I use ‘our’ to mean us as a team of people because of course, we made GTR2 as Blimey and Shift as SMS.

I agree we could have been a bit better out of the box with controllers although we did allocate time to it, we could have set the defaults differently.

About the expectations, again I’m biased, but I do feel we’ve delivered a really fun authentic driving experience that works well also on consoles and that’s crucial for survival. We had a team of 85 people that relied on us succeeding to get paid.

There are a few bugs in the GUI for garage. Understeer and oversteer were reversed among a few other issues we’ve since rectified. The patch should be out soon.

- Classics are rather thin on the gound in Shift compared to “rivals” like Forza and GT. I’m probably venturing into NDA territory here but what are the chances of some DLC 60s and 70s cars to join the lonely Nissan? The tyre model does sliding beautifully and I really think these older cars would suit SHIFT perfectly.

We’re committed to supporting Shift long term with new content and patches. I can’t go in to what we have planned but I agree we do sliding well

We’ve worked hard to add additional optimisations for ATI cards with success. This will be coming in a future patch. In the mean time, using a profile from other games helps. I’ve heard that renaming the exe to grid.exe helps a fair bit on ATI cards.

- Considering that all of us usually drives from the cockpit, will we see after the patch the steering wheel turn according to what we are doing, instead of just few degrees? Do you plan to improve AI too, as they were used to almost stop in tight turns even in the demo?

There are some limitations on what we can do here based around the driving and shifting animations for one thing. It’s something we’ve only had a few complaints on so I’m not sure it’s scheduled for a patch. I will check.

On the AI, we’ve actually done a lot with the AI that is new, one being that the AI names are persistent and each has a distinct personality (based on 12 types I believe off-hand). They recall how you raced against them in the past and act accordingly in the future. They have been tuned for a fairly quick action filled experience.

- I’ve noticed that car setup has some quirks. The stock cars feel good, but as you start modyfing them, they get progressively worse, up to some Works cars that drive like Crazy Taxi vehicles. I’ve noticed the setup not only is really, realy weird (even gear spacing is often wrong) but it can change by itself. No joke, a few times my cars switched from a 6 speed to a 5 speed, all by themself.

Thanks for the kind words.
    I agree (of course ) on the handling point.
    Yes, what you mention is a bug. There are a few linked to the garage GUI not transferring the correct values across, or changing to a left aligned start value. We ‘think’ we’ve fixed all of these now and things are working well here. The patch will be out soon

- This seems to be the new generation (slowly emerging) now where developers are stopping by in fan-forums not just to read messages but actually interacting with the community, and particularly here out of all places; notorious for the harshest criticism, but also I think for the conversations on a more adult level.So I’m just taking out some time to congratulate Montoya for hosting some distinct guests and hopefully many more to come. It’s a privilege to have you among us Ian.

It’s a privilage to be here.
    I can understand that some of the readers here feel we don’t fit into the the hardcore sim category (as evidenced by some of the posts) but the fact is that racing a car close to or on the edge is huge fun, and a little frightening. You can make mistakes and get away with it, within reason. All of our choices during development were focused on recreating this whole experience in an authentic way which works on both consoles and PC. I feel we’ve achieved our goal.

- Hello Ian!First of all I have to say that I love Shift.But beside some flaws, I really wonder what are you think about the fact that in Shift drifting is rewarded with the best lap time. At least this should not be in the race GT2 cars. I think the street cars are ok with their behaviour. But the race cars should stick more to the road but when they start to slide or drift they have to much grip imho.Have you ever seen GT2 cars sliding and drifting around a track and still doing great laptimes?Talking about the pro mode without assists and G25

Great question.
    We have tested back to back and while scrubbing or gentle drifting gives you the fastest times, full out sliding doesn’t. This is how we wanted it.
    I agree that in enhancing the feeling of being on the edge we did some things that make you feel the car is skidding a touch more than it probably is. Things like the scrub sound and tyre smoke. We did this (among other things) to give the player adequate warning that the tyres were losing grip. It comes some small way to compensating for the lack of g-force or proprioceptive feedback.

- Hi Ian,Thanks for posting and congratulations for producing NFS Shift.Some questions…Will the excessive oversteer on turn in and pivot effect be addressed in an upcoming patch? Maybe this is related to bugged Garage GUI/ defualt car setup.Plus, will the AI aggressiveness be lowered at all? because currently the AI is just annoying rather then challenging more akin to banger racing rather than track racing.I’m currently using the Real Mod to overcome some of these issues which does improve the experience for me.Also please fix the low frame rate issues for ATI users, I have tried all the claimed fixes but with no success, it seems related to the number of AI cars that are in close view ahead.

Yes, it’s now fixed and was related to a garage UI bug.
    On the AI, we have them tuned for short bursts of action but one tip is to look for those drivers (AI personas) that tend to behave in a certain way and react accordingly. They have a base personality that is sustained with some tweaks when you scrape, nudge or spin them off.
    We have been working on further ATI optimisations that will be released ina future patch. We’ve seen some substantial gains.

Spoiler:
    Thanks to some very bright minds, there is a decoder/encoder for the *.bff Files available. So I tried some simple tweaks to the AI-aggression and the overall grip level in the PRO mode of the game.

First mod reduce the AI aggression level by 55%, to enable much cleaner driving and less destruction derby in the races.
    The second one does the same to the AI aggression and reduce the overall grip level from 1.2 to 1 (normal) too. So the cars are less tame in traction and IMHO more fun.

Installation:
    Backup the original "PHYSICSBOOTFLOW.bff" in the "Pakfiles" folder of your NFS-SHIFT installation and replace it by one from the attached archives you like.

Download:
    link

Spoiler:
    Simple tweak of the DOF effect at high speeds.
    There are 2 files inside, the first one reduces the effect by a big margin, the latter deactivate this effect completely.

///
    Installation:
    Backup the original "IGPHASEACTIVATE.bff" in the "Pakfiles" folder of your NFS-SHIFT installation and replace it by one from the attached archive you like.
    ///

from top to bottom -default/reduced DOF/disabled DOF

Download:
    link

Spoiler:
    Need For Speed Shift Simulation SK MOD V2.5
    download http://forum.racedepartment.com/down...o=file&id=1739

*Realistic Grip and physics !
    *Fixed Stupid AI !
    *Removed all blur !
    *Removed Bloom ! (thnx to someone else which released the file for each track)
    *Fixed G25 Controller ! (no more steer LAG !!!) and good direct ffb feeling
    *Correct kerbstone feeling now ! (not just rumble)
    *Better Feeling of the car
    *Correct steering ! although ingame graphics wont show enaf turn
    *No Repacking

How To install the mod
    First unpack your need for speed.
    put the three files from the unpacker in your need for speed shift game root extract all files will take some time 20-30 mins.
    After unpacking, right-click on the NFS:Shift shortcut on your desktop, select Properties and add the option '-loose'
    to the Target path. The option makes the game accept unpacked files.
    (more detailed and make the game run it unpacking http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=166542)
    Copy The Files from my mod to your NFS:SHIFT installation directory and click replace all.
    this controller mod is specialy made for the g25. the mod replaced the Logitech g25 separate pedals preset.
    you can also use this with all other gaming wheels.
    you can start the game now ! but first load the g25 separate pedals preset Options->Gameplay->Controls
    And load the Logitech g25 separate pedals (preset 6) you can edit the controls as you like,
    the mappings of what buttons or pedal does what but don't edit the settings from adjust control.
    they are loaded out of my config and contain changes not shown in the game ! (always change your controller even if its already on this profile otherwise i wont use the new settings and remeber the old default.)
    Try this mod i guess u will be amazed how much better it is then the default game

Of course play in pro mode with all aids off !!!!!!
    Download
    http://www.people.zeelandnet.nl/seba...FSSIMSKV25.rar

If you want more comppetetive ai
    change in physicstweaker.xml
    THIS
    from
    <prop name="ai brake power" data="0.85" />
    <prop name="ai brake grip" data="0.5" />
    <prop name="ai corner grip" data="0.5" />
    to
    <prop name="ai brake power" data="1.0" />
    <prop name="ai brake grip" data="1.0" />
    <prop name="ai corner grip" data="1.0" />
    change any value you like

Spoiler:
    Link1
    Link2 (BFF version)

• Mod: no hands & wheel in cockpit V2.
    Spoiler:
    Hi guys,

Driverarms are missing from outside, should be ok for normal replays and racing. So this is only WIP and on request, it wouldn't be here otherwise. Sorry.

1. Installation

This mod is delivered with the genius bff-tools from japamd

In order to install this mod, simple extract the attached zip file and run the "injector.exe" to install. Thats it. No need to unpack the whole game.

Now start the game and test the mod, if you don't like it just executed the "injector.exe" once more to uninstall this mod.

Inside the attached file, there are also the plain unpacked files, for an unpacked game. Backup the vehicles folder first to be on the safe side.

V2:
    -driver helmets and body now visible from outside, thanks to a great finding by beepp :bang:

Download:
    http://www.racedepartment.com/downlo...o=file&id=1755
    Spoiler:
    • NEW TIRES MODEL: entirely rewritten models for all the cars with three separate “slip curves”.
    • NEW AI MODEL: more competitive, less aggressive, and make fewer mistakes.
    • NEW CHASSIS MODEL: all data from the chassis of all the cars now are correct.
    • NEW COCKPIT CAM: now it’s like a real “onboard camera”.
    • NEW TRACK SURFACES: all the surfaces are now correct.(same as 1.0)
    Download:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N0UMY2V0
    Spoiler:
    This MOD reduce adboards, graffities, tents, flags, and some metal constructions beside the track. Helicopter, Planes, Balloons and moving circusparts are completely removed from the racetrack.
    All real racetracks in Shift are patched, the fictional tracks lacking only some generic things (planes, some ads, etc).

1. Installation

Backup your "pakfiles" folder in the game folder first. This mod is delivered with the genius bff-tools from japamd

In order to install this mod, simple extract the attached zip file and run the "injector.exe" to install. Thats it. No need to unpack the whole game.

Now start the game and test the mod, if you don't like it copy your backup back.

Thread Discussion

V4 corrects problems with black horizont on some tracks <- thanks LotusElise

V5 removes the big circus tent on Brandshatch GP and adds beta stage uninstaller (japamd's bff tools)

Download:

link

Spoiler:
    Sharper tyres.

* reduces car oscillations
    * makes steering more direct and precise
    * changes the way of driving. Requires more precision to go fast, but still easy to keep the car on the track.
    * cars may require springs and sway bars adjustments (in game)

It requires some time to get used to. The best way is to try it with a reasonably powered car (not upgraded) and listen to the car

Version 1.2: Same mod. Added unpacked files in a folder. Unpacked files are not installed with the installer/uninstaller scripts. You have to copy yourself the content of unpackedfiles where you have your unpacked files for the game.

Version 1.3 (can't upload new archive without increasing the version number)....mod is the same than 1.1 and 1.2 I only left unmodded files in unpacked folder to avoid any confusion

Version 1.4 same mod. Little doc about the modding process added (from forum discussion)

Spoiler:
    Steering Deadzone - The smaller the value the smaller the deadzone. For steering wheels it is recommended to have this value at 0%. | NOTE: These next few deadzone settings for a gamepad are best-left unaltered.
    Accelerator Deadzone - The basic description for all the deadzones are the same. For the initial range of motion no input is reported, and then starts when the end of he deadzone has been reached. On top of these additionl recommendations can be added.
    Brake Deadzone - As above - For the initial range of motion no input is reported, and then starts when the end of he deadzone has been reached. On top of these additionl recommendations can be added.
    Steering Sensitivity - This setting adjusts how sensitive the steering across the input span. With 50% sensitivity it is equally as sensitive at the beginning of the range as at the end of the range. This can make the steering feel twitchy on a game pad, thus it is recommended to have a lower sensitivy setting which makes the steering a bit less sensitive for small inputs. For a steering wheel it is recommended to have this setting at 50%.
    Acceleration Sensitivity - Same as above, a value lower than 50% means the input is less sensitive in the beginning of the input span.
    Braking Sensitivity - As defined above. If the default setting is not responsive enough (may well become car & performance specific), it's recommended to make slight adjustments & test.
    Speed Steering Sensitivity - This setting reduces the sensitivity of steering at speed. A high value applies maximum effect to make the car stable to drive down straights with a gamepad. Lowering the value will make the car feel sensitive and twitchy at higher speeds. For a multiturn steering wheel it is recommended to set this value to 0%, for other wheels a value around 50% is recommended.
    Inverse Shifting - Reverses the default controller shift buttons.
    Camera Y Axis - Inverts the R-stick camera movement in game.
    Wheel Lock - This determines how much of the available turn to turn lock to use for the steering wheel. On consoles this is set in degrees measured from lock to lock. On PC it is set as a percentage of the steerings wheels available lock. This can be fine tuned to suit the players preference, with less lock giving more sensitive steering, with too much lock the car will feel unresponsive.
    FF Strength - Determines the strength of the force feedback effects, 0 means effects are muted, 10 gives the strongest effects.

Settaggi ideali per chi usa un volante, così da avere tutto lineare:

Steering Deadzone - 0
    Accelerator Deadzone - 0
    Brake Deadzone - 0
    Steering Sensitivity - 50
    Acceleration Sensitivity - 50
    Braking Sensitivity - 50
    Speed Steering Sensitivity - 0
    Wheel Lock - a piacere (lasciate il volante a 900° dal pannello di configurazione e poi regolate la rotazione con questa percentuale)
    FF Strength - a piacere (10 max, 0 min)
    • Template per livree personalizzate.
    Spoiler:
    ** High Res Templates for Need for Speed: Shift **

** by acti0n/sommergemuese **

** How to use?

Paint your car and save as DDS – DXT1

Windows (if Avaiable) same – but as DXT5 with Alpha

Use same Namebase of PSD File for your DDS Files.

** Any tipps?
    If you want to add additional Skins to your Car and don’t replace the Skins, edit
    the NFS/Vehicles/Carname/Carname.rcf .. Only works with unpacked Shift.

Add one new line to the first Part <NAMES INPUT =”LIVERY”>

<NAME LIVERY=”8″ NAME=”Livery 4″ />

And then:

<CONDITION LIVERY=”8″>
    <REPLACE TEXTURE=”COMMON_PAINT.dds” NEWTEXTURE=”ASTON_MARTIN_DBR9_LIVERY04.dds” />
    </CONDITION>

Yeah you can use the great BFF-Tools to Release Skins for none unpacked Shift,
    and you should offer 2 Templates, one in 4096×4096 High Res and the other in
    2048×2048 for lower PCs.

Download link.
    Ultima modifica di Uff; 02-02-10 alle 13:27:23

La Borga L'avatar di Uff

Predefinito Riferimento: Need For Speed: Shift - FAQ

Post riservato.

+ Discussione Chiusa

Permessi di Scrittura

• Tu non puoi inviare nuove discussioni
  • Tu non puoi inviare risposte
  • Tu non puoi inviare allegati
  • Tu non puoi modificare i tuoi messaggi