+ Rispondi alla Discussione
Pag 10 di 17 PrimaPrima ... 89101112 ... UltimaUltima
Risultati da 226 a 250 di 402

Predefinito Re: Age Of Decadence

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da Darkless Visualizza Messaggio
    Quello sarebbe un grosso difetto, non un pregio, e rientrerebbe nel discorso dei "passi indietro" fatto nell'altro thread.
    L'esistenza di una "wrong decision" presuppone quella di una "right decision" il che farebbe crollare tutto il discorso del ruolo e delle "scelte e conseguenze".
    Per come la vedo io le scelte non devono avere vincoli a sè stanti e non devono risultare giuste o sbagliate a prescindere, tutto deve essere messo in funzione del personaggio. Tanto per fare il solito esempio grezzo: tu sei a colloquio con il capo di una banda di ladri nel suo covo. Durante il corso della discussione puoi essere accondiscendente, mantenere le distanze, oppure opporti a lui o addirittura insultarlo. Ciascuna scelta ovviamente avrà degli sviluppi diversi ma non è detto che ciò che risulta letale per un certo personaggio lo sia per tutti. Ammettiamo ad esempio che tu scelga di svolgere un lavoro per lui ma il tuo personaggio sia stato sviluppato in modo da essere totalmente privo o quasi di abilità stealth o di scassinaggio. In quel caso la missione potrebbe essere fatale per te e ti metterebbe in situazioni per te prive di uscita, come trappole mortali che non riesci ad evitare, allarmi che fai scattare, etc. Per un altro personaggio sviluppato in modo diverso invece la missione potrebbe essere una passeggiata.
    Tornando al punto iniziale invece ammettiamo che nel dialogo tu abbia contrastato o insultato il boss. Questi ti scatena addosso l'intero gruppo ma non è detto che la morte sia istantanea, se avrai un personaggio fisicamente debole probabilmente si, ma se invece sei un guerriero potresti anche riuscire a far fuori tutti e sopravvivere. Oppure se hai un alto carisma dopo averlo isultato potresti addirittura rivoltargli contro i suoi stessi uomini... glis viluppi possibili sono molti e portano ad una serie di conseguenze che in sè non sono nè giuste nè sbagliate ma ciascuna di esse puo' essere potenzialmente letale per il tuo personaggio o porlo in una posizione avvantaggiata.
    Insomma la "sudden death" non deve mai esserci, dev'esserci solo uno sviluppo di situazioni che possono essere più o meno favorevoli al giocatore in base al personaggio che s'è costruito, sta poi a noi usare il cervello ed interpretare correttamente il personaggio che ci siamo creati per farlo passare indenne da tutte le situazioni.
    Insomma, non dobbiamo solo "killing things riding a horse".
    Great post, Darkless. :salute:

You are absolutely correct, and I'd like to clarify my previous post. There are no abstract right and wrong decisions in AoD, but there are right and wrong decisions for different characters.

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da Fenriz.III Visualizza Messaggio
    Aah I see your point, very good. The result is a cauldron of interaction chances that would give a strong feeling of freedom.
    It's always easier to design meaningful choices when you are dealing with people and factions, not goblibs and orcs.

From an old interview:

Q: What sort of enemies will players encounter?
    A: We have a large variety of the most horrible and wicked monsters you've ever seen in a game - humans. They really are the worst and no ogre or a lizard can hold a candle to them. We have greedy humans, treacherous humans, bloodthirsty humans, evil humans, and even stupid humans. If we have time, we'll add lawyers and publishers.

We do have a few non-human "characters", but they are rare and dangerous, so if you see one, run.

Blimey! Hello, there and good sunday eve.

Indeed, Fenriz.

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da Tony Visualizza Messaggio
    1-What will system requirements for Age of Decadence be?
    Pentium III 1000, 512 MB RAM

2-This is more general... for future projects: have you ever thought about making a RPG in the WWII period?
    Nope. It's an interesting setting, but not really my cup of tea.

Assuming that AoD sells enough to keep us in business, here are the options that were thrown around:

a) AoD sequel, set either on a different continent and exploring the Qantari culture or in the "wasteland", exploring uncivilized societies - barbarians, nomads, scavengers, etc.

b) AoD party-based dungeon crawler - we have a decent combat engine, might as well put it to good use.

c) the colony ship game
    http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum....msg835#msg835

d) a sci-fi prison game where the goal is to survive and escape.

One of those, possibly two, if we get another team going.

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da VDweller Visualizza Messaggio
    It's always easier to design meaningful choices when you are dealing with people and factions, not goblibs and orcs.

From an old interview:

A: We have a large variety of the most horrible and wicked monsters you've ever seen in a game - humans. They really are the worst and no ogre or a lizard can hold a candle to them. We have greedy humans, treacherous humans, bloodthirsty humans, evil humans, and even stupid humans. If we have time, we'll add lawyers and publishers.

We do have a few non-human "characters", but they are rare and dangerous, so if you see one, run.
    I believe one's chief care when designing his game is to give interaction, that is, provide a way to "force" players in taking into accounts the objects, persons and environment peculiarities.. i think it's not necessary to exclude elements that don't really hamper this interaction.

Anytime a player is forced to consider for example the shape and function of an object to obtain a given purpose, the designer succeded. The same goes with persons in Darkless' instance. The achievement of that situation is that when a player is surrounded by thieves, and he has to converse with these scoundrels, He has to interact with : their expectations and characteristics and background, even, and his own char's skills, consider the chances, look around in their nest, and zounds! even the expectations of the story! That will be, I dare say, 360 degrees interaction.
    Ultima modifica di Fenriz.III; 06-04-08 alle 17:33:10

Il Nonno L'avatar di Ghost_FS

Assuming that AoD sells enough to keep us in business, here are the options that were thrown around:
    I really like the "game philosophy" of AoD so I will definitely support softwerehouse that pursue this way. I really hope you to succeed. (so I can have more games of this kind )

a) AoD sequel, set either on a different continent and exploring the Qantari culture or in the "wasteland", exploring uncivilized societies - barbarians, nomads, scavengers, etc.

b) AoD party-based dungeon crawler - we have a decent combat engine, might as well put it to good use.

c) the colony ship game
    http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum....msg835#msg835

d) a sci-fi prison game where the goal is to survive and escape.

One of those, possibly two, if we get another team going.
    A and C option are really interesting settings. I vote for them

Avete intenzione di cambiare l' engine per una eventuale espansione o rimarrete con il torque?

Banned L'avatar di Darkless

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da Ghost_FS Visualizza Messaggio
    I really like the "game philosophy" of AoD so I will definitely support softwerehouse that pursue this way. I really hope you to succeed. (so I can have more games of this kind )
    Tu non eri quello della rivoluzione bimbominkia e dell'anticonservatorismo ad ogni costo ?

Poi dici di non esser schizofrenico...

From an old interview:

Mmm about non-human and semi-human how would define the AoD world ? Is it almost totally like real world of more fantasy oriented ?
    (by "fantasy oriented" i mean something that involves many aspects of daily life not only non-humans monsters or orcs, elves or flying pink teddy bears presence).

Will we have some kind of "dark style" locations such as the old rpg "Lex Arcana" ?

A last question (sorry if someone already asked): Will we meet any real historical character during the game ? (something like Lionheart- Legacy of the Crusader) Or is it a totally abstract world ?
    Ultima modifica di Darkless; 07-04-08 alle 09:45:16

Il Nonno L'avatar di Ghost_FS

Tu non eri quello della rivoluzione bimbominkia e dell'anticonservatorismo ad ogni costo ?

Poi dici di non esser schizofrenico...
    Era una tua interpretazione.

Inoltre i progetto di Vince non mi pare sia conservatore, ne coicidente con la scuola die GDR lineari alla Baldursgate.

Rigurada le mie definzioni di GDR o le mie critiche a the Witcher, Baldursgate ed a quella parte di vecchia scuola a cui mi sono opposto.
    Vedrai che sono coincidenti con quelle espresse da Vince nell'ultima intervista linkata.

Ma quando le ho dette io le hai criticate o classificate come deliri.

Comuque confermo le mie critiche ad ai vari Bladursgate.

E per quanto riguarda la questione fallout ho sempre detto che lo considero un GDR di riferimento non per il combattimento a turni o per la visuale ma per l'ottima libertà interprtetativa e di gemplay che rende il gioco molto meno lineare di altri.

Quindi anche nel caso di AoD non lo considero un prometente GDR per la visuale scelta, la grafica retrò, o il combattimento a turni come fanno molti nonnominkia ma per le promesse di meccanica di gioco, di libertà e non linearità. Quelle si che sono cose che mi interessano.

Insomma se AoD avesse un motore grafico come Falout 3 mantenendo il suo gampelay ciò sarebbe un valore aggiunto non una perdita o tradimento.

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da Ghost_FS Visualizza Messaggio
    Era una tua interpretazione.
    Non direi proprio, non farmi andare a ricercare il quote su.

Inoltre i progetto di Vince non mi pare sia conservatore,
    Ah no ?

ne coicidente con la scuola die GDR lineari alla Baldursgate.
    che c'entra la linearità con la old school.

Rigurada le mie definzioni di GDR o le mie critiche a the Witcher, Baldursgate ed a quella parte di vecchia scuola a cui mi sono opposto.
    Vedrai che sono coincidenti con quelle espresse da Vince nell'ultima intervista linkata.
    Certo come no

Ma quando le ho dette io le hai criticate o classificate come deliri.
    il problema è che alle cose sensate ne alterni spesso di deliri

L'ultimo che mi ricordo era chrono trigger con elementi da AG, fortuna che ero bannato e non potevo risponderti

Insomma se AoD avesse un motore grafico come Falout 3 mantenendo il suo gampelay ciò sarebbe un valore aggiunto non una perdita o tradimento.
    Col vats no di certo.

O Turni o morte

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da Simon1987 Visualizza Messaggio
    Avete intenzione di cambiare l' engine per una eventuale espansione o rimarrete con il torque?
    I'd prefer a better engine. This one looks good and it's free:
    http://sauerbraten.org/

Mmm about non-human and semi-human how would define the AoD world ? Is it almost totally like real world of more fantasy oriented ?
    It's low fantasy. We have no orcs, elves, or other "traditional" fantasy characters though. Here is a snippet we've posted before:
    There is a stone statue of a demon reading a book. The demon is carved with great precision, and his pose reflects deep thoughts and tranquility. As you approach, the statue closes the book in one fluid motion and looks at you with amusement:

"I do believe we have a visitor. Unfortunately, it appears that we are closed at the moment, and I've been instructed to dispose of all visitors. Therefore, we have a dilemma."

"Dispose?"

"Kill. Destroy. Murder. Do you have any preferences in the matter? If there is some sort of death you would enjoy more, feel free to share that with me. Being an expert in killing, I'm sure I'm familiar with most methods and would be more than happy to accomodate your request."

"An expert in killing?"

"Not very bright, are you?" The guardian draws two blades out of nowhere with an alarming speed.

1. Trying hard to ignore the blades. "You mentioned a dilemma..."
    2. Draw a weapon. "For an expert in killing, you sure like to talk a lot. "
    3. Run
    4. "What are you?"

"What are you?"

"Since it's unlikely that you can understand the concept of silicon-based lifeform, call me "stone guardian". I was created by the masters of this tower, who appear to be long gone. Such is the nature of flesh - it doesn't last. Stone, on the other hand, lasts forever. A gift and a curse at the same time, really."

Etc.

Will we have some kind of "dark style" locations such as the old rpg "Lex Arcana" ?
    Something like this?
    http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/imagevi...name=AoD12.jpg

From this article

A last question (sorry if someone already asked): Will we meet any real historical character during the game ?
    No.

It's low fantasy. We have no orcs, elves, or other "traditional" fantasy characters though. Here is a snippet we've posted before:
    There is a stone statue of a demon reading a book. The demon is carved with great precision, and his pose reflects deep thoughts and tranquility. As you approach, the statue closes the book in one fluid motion and looks at you with amusement:

"I do believe we have a visitor. Unfortunately, it appears that we are closed at the moment, and I've been instructed to dispose of all visitors. Therefore, we have a dilemma."

"Dispose?"

"Kill. Destroy. Murder. Do you have any preferences in the matter? If there is some sort of death you would enjoy more, feel free to share that with me. Being an expert in killing, I'm sure I'm familiar with most methods and would be more than happy to accomodate your request."

"An expert in killing?"

"Not very bright, are you?" The guardian draws two blades out of nowhere with an alarming speed.

1. Trying hard to ignore the blades. "You mentioned a dilemma..."
    2. Draw a weapon. "For an expert in killing, you sure like to talk a lot. "
    3. Run
    4. "What are you?"

"What are you?"

"Since it's unlikely that you can understand the concept of silicon-based lifeform, call me "stone guardian". I was created by the masters of this tower, who appear to be long gone. Such is the nature of flesh - it doesn't last. Stone, on the other hand, lasts forever. A gift and a curse at the same time, really."

Etc.
    I adore that kind of humor

Mmm not exactly, something more like a kind of soft horror subplot or things like that. Quite similiar to "The 13th Warrior" (if u saw the movie u should get what i mean).

sembra buono come engine...sicuramente più evoluto del torque...niente male...
    Ultima modifica di Simon1987; 09-04-08 alle 20:33:49

Questa affermazione mi ha lasciato un po' perplesso:

Q: Do I level up in Age of Decadence? How do I get skill points while playing? Do any primary statistics play a role in the amount of skill points I receive?

A: "There are no levels in the game. You gain skill points by completing quests and defeating your enemies, so you don't need to wait until you level up to enjoy the benefits of all that hard work. Once a quest or a battle is over, you get a certain amount of skill points to distribute and improve your skills. High Intelligence helps you learn more, which means that you get bonus skill points from quests and can increase your skills faster."
    Mi chiedo se semplicemente si prenderanno skill points e li si potrà mettere dove si vuole o se saranno vincolati dall'uso che facciamo delle skills. (se combattiamo molto potremo alzare solo le skill di melee, o resistenze varie, etc.). Mi pare di aver capito che saranno liberamente applicabili dove si vuole il che lo trovo un po' un passo indietro dopo l'eliminazione delle classi e dei livelli e la decisione di creare un gioco totalmente skill-based. Qualche vincolo qua e là (se non direttamente skills che aumentano con l'uso) avrebbe dovuto esserci. Mi rendo conto però che bilanciare un gioco del genere sarebbe davvero molto difficile, così come l'aumentare certe skills meno comuni.

Ma ha un volto il Vince?...su internet non ne ho trovato.....

La sua identità è segreta, se lo beccano i suoi colleghi canadesi lo fan licenziare

(Così narra la leggenda su di lui)

La sua identità è segreta, se lo beccano i suoi colleghi canadesi lo fan licenziare

(Così narra la leggenda su di lui)
    Ah....è canadese!....oddio ma è un ossessione!!!....

Ah....è canadese!....oddio ma è un ossessione!!!....
    Sempre la leggenda afferma che lavori in una multinazionale canadese, se sia poi lui stesso canadese non me lo ricordo.

La Borga L'avatar di Francovaro85

Progetto molto interessante...ma si sa a che punto sono arrivati con i lavori? molto belli i nuovi screen

Spero che l'euro salga ancora sul dollaro ora che il gioco uscirà...
    50$... sticazzi... Almeno voglio l'autografo di Vince sulla confezione.

ma secondo te sarà tradotto in ita?!...cmq non credo sarà venduto a prezzo pieno...

EDIT: se Vince leggesse cosa hai scritto si offenderebbe...

ma secondo te sarà tradotto in ita?!
    Direi proprio di no, a meno che qualcuno non lo faccia amatorialmente.

...cmq non credo sarà venduto a prezzo pieno...
    I prezzi son sul sito: 30$ dd, 50$ + spedizione boxed

EDIT: se Vince leggesse cosa hai scritto si offenderebbe...
    E perchè mai ?

a me è già bastato che abbia postato sul topic ufficiale dell' altro forum...

L'Onesto L'avatar di .Commodo.

Let's play Age of Decadence! Part 2: http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/article...=82&ref=0&id=2

+ Rispondi alla Discussione
Pag 10 di 17 PrimaPrima ... 89101112 ... UltimaUltima

Permessi di Scrittura

• Tu non puoi inviare nuove discussioni
  • Tu non puoi inviare risposte
  • Tu non puoi inviare allegati
  • Tu non puoi modificare i tuoi messaggi
  • Il codice BB è Attivato
  • Le faccine sono Attivato
  • Il codice [IMG] è Attivato
  • Il codice HTML è Disattivato