+ Discussione Chiusa
Pag 4 di 21 PrimaPrima ... 2345614 ... UltimaUltima
Risultati da 76 a 100 di 501

Discussione: [1]Le Origini: FPS

Suprema Borga Imperiale L'avatar di Blood

Predefinito Re: Half Life II

perchè il processore sarebbe da cambiare?
    io viaggio ancora con un AMD Athlon K7 Thunderbird 1.2 Ghz

Shogun Assoluto L'avatar di nemesis69

Blood ha scritto gio, 01 luglio 2004 alle 19:45
    perchè il processore sarebbe da cambiare?
    io viaggio ancora con un AMD Athlon K7 Thunderbird 1.2 Ghz
    in rapporto a quella scheda video,il processore non è all altezza,ancghe se sicuramente è un bel pc lo stesso

Shogun Assoluto L'avatar di Mystico

PCF On E3 we were most surprised at the attention for details, like dust spreading around the feet while walking. Things like this can really add up to the atmosphere in the game. How much time did take you to add the details like this and how important are for you?
    Gabe Newell Attention for details is an important feature of everything what we were trying to achieve with Half-Life 2 whether this be the details in the environment itself or the rendering of the game. It’s about the management of the game of this scale. You can include things which automatically enable those little things like dust, lifting up when walking around, or the final product will be big, slow, buggy, unconnected and possibly never really finished. So, you can correctly include all the details or the whole project simply falls apart.

PCF Does, after all the trouble which you had last year, the development of HL2 go as planned again?
    Gabe Newell Of course. The last few months were the most productive and fun in development of Half-Life 2. Now I’m trying to keep this energy until the release of the game.

PCF What would you advise other developers about security when developing a game?
    Gabe Newell We got ourselves in an unusual situation. Those who broke into our system were very dedicated to it. Actually they did quite an impressive job, they were writing hacking tools themselves and constantly tried to find any hole in the security system. In a case like this you really can’t do much – you can only depend on police an other related institutions before things get way out of hand.
    For a normal level of security can any solid professional set up proper firewalls, maintain operation system and so on. Continuous informing of the whole company about the dangers of social engineering is also recommended. Having a special network for development only is not such a bad idea, but it costs quite a lot of money and you have to ponder if that kind of expenditure is reasonable.
    Nevertheless, you have to ask yourself what you can do for your fans that there wouldn’t be any negative consequences, if someone actually steals the source code.

PCF Are you afraid that you enabled other developers to catch you up in terms of technology because of the delay?
    Gabe No.

PCF It is obvious that the point of your games is an extraordinary gaming experience for one player. Do you think this would be also in the future? Do you think that game development is leaning to a player who can somehow through the multiplayer create his own story? Will single player eventually become extinct?
    Gabe There is a great difference between playing HL2, Counter Strike or Condition Zero with bots. I believe that in the gaming industry we can always find out new options and don’t hang on only on a single player experience. Cooperative way of playing is an area where I see interesting possibilities in the near future.

PCF Will with all advanced features in Source modifying of HL2 still so simple as it was in HL1?
    Gabe Because of success and widespread mod community for HL1 we put in a lot of options for modifying HL2. The interface is easier to handle, it offers a lot more options and more things can be adjusted (Gabe gives an example of control over the pipelines for rendering). There will be improved tools, the documentation will be more broad and thorough. Here would also be a lot of other tools, like texture libraries, for example, world geometry, prefabs, and cubes [or bricks, maybe?] so you can only put them together. We hope that the modders with these tools will be able to focus on innovating and the gameplay, rather than focusing only on the mechanics of creating mod itself.

PCF How important are graphics in the evolution of games?
    Gabe The point is in the choice of the player. If your shaders are meant only to present them in a game (“Hey, take a look at this fantastic effect!”) they certainly don’t add up anything to the quality of your game. If these shaders can be controlled with the game’s logic itself (e.g.: ”This surface can warm up and if I can heat it up enough the barrels on the other side will explode.”), you’ll enter into a exciting gaming experience.

PCF And for how long do you think will this last?
    Gabe I think this will always be so. It’s about an attribute of a game which other media doesn’t have. The goal of graphics is not photorealism, although is considered to be a critical milestone in development of many games. Also as in art photorealism still isn’t always the best choice (take a look at movies, recreated after comic books, despite all the special FX, they are an excellent example why dressing up people in costumes of superheroes isn’t always such a good idea as it looks in a comic book). We know that the world, which can be changed and reacts on the gamer’s actions is incomparably more interesting than the world which looks like a photograph.

PCF How do you experience the popularity of Half-Life? Does affection, which you receive, make you feel good or scares you sometimes?
    Gabe Most of folks here at VALVe accepts this as a part of the business. Doug Wood lead one of the presentations at this year’s E3. He was really focused on information we would like to present and he made sure that the visitors could hear him, that the booth could be visited by as many people as possible and so on. When somebody asked him for a signature, his reaction was natural, like: “Sure, I used to be one of them, these are the people who help us to pay our bills so, I must be polite, hospitable and ready to help.”
    Of course, we’re not surprised, that there is always some negative or even hostile response. Some time ago, a some people on forums of HL2 fansites laughed at me because I’m fat. I even got e-mails like: “Lose weight or you’ll drop dead, bastard.” I tried to answer them the same way as Doug responded to those who asked him for autographs. In most cases I then received an apology like: “Sorry, I didn’t believe that you would even read my message…”
    As I said before, it’s all a part of business.

INTERVISTA A GABE NEWELL

La Nebbia

la mail dove il tizio gli intima di dimagrire altrimenti lo uccide è davvero prestigiosa

liPillON
    ospite

mysticboy ha scritto ven, 02 luglio 2004 alle 09:49
    INTERVISTA A GABE NEWELL
    hai chiesto il permesso al tizio di HL2.net che l'ha tradotta smazzandosela dal ceco?

La Nebbia

GRAZIE RAGA X I CONSIGLI.....
    MA 3 MODULI 256 DI KINGSTON HYPER X CASSS A 2 NN E MALE..

La Borga L'avatar di Tony

bellaLI! ha scritto ven, 02 luglio 2004 alle 22:34
    mysticboy ha scritto ven, 02 luglio 2004 alle 09:49
    INTERVISTA A GABE NEWELL
    hai chiesto il permesso al tizio di HL2.net che l'ha tradotta smazzandosela dal ceco?
    MMM, tanto non è che dica un gran che...

Il Nonno L'avatar di Sylar

Con questa configurazione riusciro a giocare con Half Life II

Processore AMD XP 2600+ 1.9 GHz
    512 di memoria ram
    Scheda Grafica Radeon 9800 pro

liPillON
    ospite

kunardin82 ha scritto sab, 03 luglio 2004 alle 17:32
    direi proprio di sì e anche molto bene!

Il Nonno L'avatar di Sylar

bellaLI! ha scritto sab, 03 luglio 2004 alle 21:25
    kunardin82 ha scritto sab, 03 luglio 2004 alle 17:32
    direi proprio di sì e anche molto bene!
    A meno male
    Ma ti sei incaz zato

Comunque, Grazie per la risposta

Il Puppies L'avatar di Omnhio

Sono usciti un po di screenshot e 2 video su CS: Source dallo show in Korea, dove dei ragazzi hanno provato con mano questo attesto mod per HL-2. Il sito dove prendere il materiale è in jappo, ma tanto quello che interessa sono appunto gli screenshot e i 2 video (molto lunghi, ma di pessima qualità). Ecco il link diretto. Buona visione.

Il Fantasma

scusate ma una domanda mi viene proprio spontanea :
    a che scopo acquistare una scheda come la x800, nuovissima, potentissima e costosissima quando i giochi che la potranno supportare pienamente non usciranno prima di un anno quando la scheda costerà all'incirca la metà ?
    Ora ho una 9200 e bene o male funziona egreggiamente, certo all'uscita di HL2 e D3 sarò probabilmente costretto a sostituirla ma per comprare cosa ? probabilmente una 9800 pro, che ora non dovrebbe più costare molto e sarà adeguatamente sfruttata

DiDiB ha scritto dom, 04 luglio 2004 alle 19:05
    scusate ma una domanda mi viene proprio spontanea :
    a che scopo acquistare una scheda come la x800, nuovissima, potentissima e costosissima quando i giochi che la potranno supportare pienamente non usciranno prima di un anno quando la scheda costerà all'incirca la metà ?
    Ora ho una 9200 e bene o male funziona egreggiamente, certo all'uscita di HL2 e D3 sarò probabilmente costretto a sostituirla ma per comprare cosa ? probabilmente una 9800 pro, che ora non dovrebbe più costare molto e sarà adeguatamente sfruttata
    Hai detto bene appieno la sfrutterai tra un anno(cioe significa che fra un anno le schede di penultima generazione faticheranno) ma gia adesso sui giochi che ci sono in circolazione (e quelli che usciranno a breve) la x800 ti permette di giocare con tutto ai max lvl e con effetti che magari non potresti vedere con altre schede video.
    Detto questo in un anno il prezzo delle schede di punta non varia (la ati 9800 xt o pro costava piu o meno lo stesso prezzo di quando usci e questo fino a 2 mesi quando e stata annunciata la nuova x800).
    Magari uscira qualche scheda entry lvl o middle lvl ma per la top la differenza di prezzo variera poco ( a meno di rivoluzioni nell hardware cosa per altro possibilissima a partire dall anno prossimo)-

Lo Zio L'avatar di Snyder

bè io penso di giocare ai max dettagli sia a hl2 che a doom3

athlon 3000+, 1 giga di ram a 333 e una radeon 9800 XT da 256 mb...

che ne dite?

Vidar
    ospite

Ma questo è diventato il forum schede grafiche?
    Lo so che a questo punto tutti vogliono parlare dei requisiti hardware di Half Life 2, ma secondo me sarebbe meglio non concentrarsi troppo su cosa riserva il mercato delle schede video.

Il Puppies L'avatar di theBlooder

Scusate ma secondo voi con questa configurazione riuscirò a far raggiungere l'orgasmo a Naomi?

Lunghezza:##
    Larghezza:##
    Esperienza:##

Voi che dite?

theBlooder ha scritto lun, 05 luglio 2004 alle 11:41
    Scusate ma secondo voi con questa configurazione riuscirò a far raggiungere l'orgasmo a Naomi?

Lunghezza:##
    Larghezza:##
    Esperienza:##

Voi che dite?

Secondo voi riuscirò a giocare bene ad hl2?

Amd Athlon XP 1700 + 1,4 Ghz
    512 mb ram
    Geforce FX 5900XT 128 Mb
    Creative Soundblaster Audigy

ebbene?

P.S. Visto che l'hanno detto tutti posso dirlo anch'io!!

Shogun Assoluto L'avatar di Mystico

NIght tu puoi giocarci fidati , e puoi ' metterci pure i 4x di aa

mysticboy ha scritto lun, 05 luglio 2004 alle 17:16
    NIght tu puoi giocarci fidati , e puoi ' metterci pure i 4x di aa
    Grazieeeee!!!

Lo Zio L'avatar di great teacher

ma come sono spigolosi i missili

great teacher ha scritto lun, 05 luglio 2004 alle 21:10

azz...ora siamo abituati TROOOOOOOPPO bene!

liPillON
    ospite

great teacher ha scritto lun, 05 luglio 2004 alle 21:10
    è ironia sul passato o pensi sia quello cs:s?

Ma lol quello è CS, non CS: Source...guarda l'unica cifra comprensibile....2002

Il Puppies L'avatar di theBlooder

Teacher

Cmq scaricatevi da NGI i 2 video fatti dalla community koreana, è tutto game play, e fa presagire che HL2 è realmente prossimo all'uscita cioè Settembre

+ Discussione Chiusa
Pag 4 di 21 PrimaPrima ... 2345614 ... UltimaUltima

Permessi di Scrittura

• Tu non puoi inviare nuove discussioni
  • Tu non puoi inviare risposte
  • Tu non puoi inviare allegati
  • Tu non puoi modificare i tuoi messaggi
  • Il codice BB è Attivato
  • Le faccine sono Attivato
  • Il codice [IMG] è Attivato
  • Il codice HTML è Disattivato