+ Rispondi alla Discussione
Pag 1 di 3 123 UltimaUltima
Risultati da 1 a 25 di 52
    heXen
    ospite

Arrow [D3 Total Conversion SP] : Ground Zero

http://www.doom3world.org/phpbb2/viewtop ic.php?t=11490

Hello everyone.

Although we've had a thread going for a while now in the Job Market ( http://www.doom3world.org/phpbb2/viewtop ic.php?t=9565), I'd like to officially announced the development of Ground Zero here in the Modifications forum. Within the next month we should have a website with more detailed documentation.

This project started conceptually several years ago as a prequel to our interpretation of the original Fallout RPG (which is still reflected in some of our design documents). Though still largely an homage to what is personally one of my all-time favorite titles, Ground Zero is becoming our own blend of post-catastrophe fiction that represents what we found to be the most compelling elements of Fallout.

le favolose immagini, noto il bloom , ho sbaglio?

Lo Zio L'avatar di ramonesFAN

Predefinito Re: Progetto Ground Zero: A Post-Apocalyptic Timepunk RPG

Se le mappe verranno fuori cuguali o migliori degli artwork allora ci potrei fare un pensierino ..

Il Nonno L'avatar di Gyppi FX™

sembra bloom, ma mi sembra più uno schiaramento dei pixel più che altro

heXen
    ospite

Intervista anche per Ground Zero:

Just a few mandatory formalities I’m afraid, could you please introduce yourself(ves), giving us your responsibilities on the mod, and a brief overview of what Ground Zero is all about.

Jonathan : I’m Jonathan Lamb, acting as project manager and lead designer on Ground Zero. I am currently a junior at the Minneapolis College of Art and Design in an interdisciplinary Bachelor of Science program called Visualization, focusing on game and experience design.

Paul : I’m Paul Reed and I’m currently working as the lead coder on Ground Zero. I recently graduated from the University of South Dakota with a computer science degree and plan on attending graduate school to study A.I.

We have a wonderfully talented crew along with us, including: Jennifer, Jayme, Kimmo, Reto, Andrew, Owen, and Blaise.

The Doom 3 modding community has had a somewhat rocky childhood. Doom 3: Jedi, Doom 3 Team Fortress and Doom 3 : Hell on Earth are just a few of the mods that seemed extremely promising but have since died or switched engines. I’ve found the two most common reasons dilapidated teams have given for this, are recruiting problems and criticisms of ID’s technology. Do you feel that such reasons/issues are justified, and have they effected your team aswell?

Jonathan : It has definitely been difficult finding quality help. Most of our talent has come from outside the Doom 3 community, and only as a result of me directly soliciting people. At first we were discouraged by how the Ground Zero announcements and help wanted threads were received, but I found there are a surprising number of skilled people eager to join a project like this—you just need to actually ASK.

I think the other main issue is that all strong mod communities flourish around multiplayer games. A pure multiplayer conversion is logistically much less complex than a single player game. I also think there is also something to the experience of sharing and playing with modifications in a communal way, which is why you see stuff like Gary’s Mod for HL2, and a lot of other multiplayer mods.

Because of this, it seems the promise of robust network code in Quake 4 has kind of overshadowed Doom 3 as a viable mod platform. It isn’t really a technical problem for us since we haven’t even decided what kind of multiplayer to include… this IS a primarily single player experience.

Paul : Admittedly the Doom3 code has been a bit difficult to work with, however, I find the majority of the problem is simply a lack of available references dealing with the organization of the SDK and associated script files. Given enough time and effort upon the part of the Doom3 modding community this is certainly something that can be changed and I think would help tremendously in encouraging mod teams to use the Doom3 Engine.

From what I gather a necessary foundation for any mod is having strong concepts, but its always an entirely different matter getting them and all their factors into the game. Have you found Dooms tools have really allowed you to do this or has it been a struggle?

Paul : So far the SDK has been a little lacking in the comments area, and the .script files are upon first sight rather ambiguous about what they can and can't do, but the more I (we) work with both of them the easier it becomes.

Jonathan : It’s of course easiest to choose a game as a platform that has most of your mod’s features implemented already, and we’re trying to make a role playing game with one of the most straightforward shootem-ups out there! I think everyone digging deep enough is finding Doom 3 to be unexpectedly flexible, it’s just that the development tools are streamlined to make… well… Doom 3. So it’s a struggle on the front-end, but the capability is there.

From what I've seen of your ingame screenshots, you seem to be taking a very different approach to your level design to what we're used to seeing in Doom mods. Has this thus far given you any problems in terms of performance or research (in that it's a design style we've not seen put to use in Doom before)?

Jonathan : We’re really stepping onto the shoulders of a myriad of group and individual experiments with the engine, most notably the Doom Can Do It Too project, Hexen, 5.56 FMJ… these people were all proving that Doom 3 is capable of producing things far different from claustrophobic cubic hallways with more flashing lights and steam than a Ridley Scott fantasy. I think a lot of the grunt work is done, now it’s a matter of seeing how far we can push it, which is something we will certainly be doing.

I remember that Doom 3 ran better on my Athlon 1600/Ti4400 system than pretty much any other game in its generation (and had fewer glitches). On my new hardware I’m continually impressed by what we can throw at the engine without it batting an eye. So far it has scaled with technology very impressively, and we’re targeting the systems that will be out a year from now.

Also, since this is a single player RPG and not a fast-paced online shooter, we don’t have to be as concerned with squeezing out every extra bit of performance from the game as most teams. Atmosphere and detail is priority over frame rate for us. Of course, part of maintaining a suspension of disbelief is maintaining at least a consistent and reasonable frame rate, and our design is going to make even this much optimization a pain…

Whereas Half Life 2 mods are generally quite varied in style/gameplay, the vast majority of mods for the Doom 3 engine basically seem to be expanding on the Doom Universe/storylines (the whole space meets hell saga). Do you feel this is in anyway a reflection on the accessibility/potential of the two games engines?

Paul : I believe the real issue with Half-Life 2 and it's popularity is due to the vast success of Half Life total conversion mods (CS and DOD among others) and so many mod teams decide to go with what is familiar and already known to work. I believe the Doom3 engine has an amazing potential to be modded, but it's going to take some effort to get things going.

Jonathan: Perhaps a reflection of accessibility more than potential… the engine is just as capable as HL2 but maybe the tools aren’t as open-ended. Honestly, I think it has to do with what I saw as a split response to Doom 3 amongst the fan base. With so many expectations, the final product sits on a fence between doing what the original did best, and embracing a slow paced but intense story-driven approach. Most of the released mods seem to push it one way or the other (usually more classic Doom), or otherwise try to augment components of the game that fans felt were lacking. Half Life 2 simply built on what Half Life did so well, and in contrast those mods end up seeing how different they could make the game instead of “fixing” it.

I really wonder how the Doom mod community would be if Id had simply and unabashedly recreated classic Doom in modern form, and left the more atmospheric space opera feel to another game… I personally like the direction Doom 3 was taking things, but would have preferred to see it go all the way in one direction or the other.

Again, with reference to the engine, is there a specific reason you've opted to go with Doom tech? It's a general perception that Half Life 2 or unreal's engine is the way to go for more open, 'varied style' mods, but you seem quite keen on sticking with Doom (and for this we respect you lol) but why is this?

Jonathan : We have a number of reasons for doing so. Aesthetically it was kind of a toss-up especially coming to model/texture support, but we find Doom 3 much more elegant in several ways.

We’ll miss the radiosity/soft shadows (and now HDR), but these capabilities of HL2’s lighting also create some issues. For one, it is important to us that we implement a convincing night/day cycle which would be a huge pain to work out in Source, where in Doom 3 we can simply move the sun around. Also, and this is largely subjective, Doom 3’s unified lighting model creates a more convincing sense of continuous space, since ALL lights and object interact the same way. In Half-Life 2, you have this beautiful but static light mapping for the world, and all the characters and objects inside it seem to obey completely different light physics, like they exist in a different plane. There was a great article (on Gamasutra I believe) that discussed something like this, and it made me realize how I can find even crude and abstract graphics more immersive than some modern CGI.

Doom 3’s robust GUI support will be excellent for all the essential RPG functionality. The fact that mini-games can essentially be programmed into the user interface, in addition to its direct control of the scripting engine, holds some great potential in regard to our feature wish-list.

I also really respect John Carmack’s independence and embrace of the open source community, including the use of OpenGL over DirectX. The fact that he kept virtually everything proprietary to ease the eventual public source release really impresses me, and that attitude is simply something I want to support and be a part of.

Paul : We found that the Half-Life 2 engine just wasn’t capable of producing the tense claustrophobic and eerily desolate environments that we want to see in Ground Zero. The Doom3 engine's ability to create incredible lighting and amazingly detailed surfaces (via awesome texturing) is simple unmatched at this point in time and so we feel that to truly draw the player into the game world the Doom3 engine is the way to go.

In general how would you say developed has been in this, the early stages of the mods progress? I guess that with something as ambitious as you're planning, it's fair to expect there maybe some growing pains from the word go?

Paul : The development of any project in its infancy is slow. I find it difficult to take what has been for a long time only a dream and turn it into something tangible; just as it’s hard to see your baby start to grow up without knit-picking every detail. We are starting to take all the ideas we had sketched out on paper and put them into practice, and that can be a slow process, but as we progress further along I expect development to pick up rapidly.

Jonathan : Growing pains is a good term for it! This is by far the most ambitious project I’ve been involved with, and the largest team I’ve managed. Documentation that was effective for a couple people working together in person definitely does not translate to a large group spread across the world with vastly different schedules. The biggest growing pain has been creating a production framework which contributors can plug their work into while maintaining a consistent style. This has been slow going, but I’m pretty satisfied so far considering we’ve been functioning without any kind of group forum or central repository for game assets.

Hopefully when we get our website launched (which will hopefully launched very soon) and communication between team members improves, production will speed up a bit. But the whole team consists of students doing this as a side project, so we’re being realistic about the timeframe and workload.

What do you have planned in terms of music? Are there plans for any new
    scores or are you going to use music from Doom 3?

Paul : We recently started working with an excellent musician who I think will be able to tailor a musical score that fits well with what we are aiming for. If you are interested, our biggest influence has been the Fallout games, but I wouldn’t say that is our sole inspiration.

Jonathan : Ground Zero will feature an all original score thanks to Blaise Douros and possibly other contributors. We’re going for a blend of live and synthesized recording to create a soundtrack closely linked to the visuals, a relationship we’ll play with to keep the player immersed but emotionally on-edge. This is something I admire about movie composer Jeff Rona’s scores. Some other major influences of my own include Godspeed You Black Emperor, Moby’s more ambient tracks, Savage Aural Hotbed for their creative use of found objects as instruments, to name a few. Blaise has been busy with an orchestral score lately, so we’ll have to see what he cooks up later this fall.

GY!BE!!! Respect! Any chance of a release date or is it still a case of When it’s Done?

Paul : When it's done, but hopefully prior to the release of Duke Nuke'm forever. ()

Jonathan : Yes.

As totally irrelevant as it is, have you seen any of the recently released Doom movie footage? If so what are your thoughts?

Paul : *vomits violently*

Jonathan : *wipes himself off* I’ll just say I haven’t seen it.

Thanks to the Ground Zero team! I'm sure I'm not the only one eagerly waiting to see how this mod turns out. For now you can view some all new art the team have released on the next page, or check out this thread on Doom3world to view some ingame shots

M.o.d.e.r.a.t.o.r.e. L'avatar di NoSf3rA†U

Bene,questo MOD si sta prospettando veramente interessante

A wee bit of an update.

We have our new web and forum space. Keep an eye out for an actual website, for now it defaults to the latest design document:

http://www.groundzeromod.net

http://www.groundzeromod.net/forum

We've acquired a new coder and have three 3D modellers on staff. However it's been a bit slow since most of the team has started fall classes.

a car model by Shepeiro

Deavile has set up an environmental interaction system so that the player can examine, use, and speak with objects and characters. He also coded our NPC dialogue framework, and demonstrated the ability to store variable character stats that affect gameplay in a number of ways. The next major step is to design and implement GUIs for various interactors and character generation, as well as a quest system, and writing the NPC dialogue trees with Deavile's markup language.

Musical Concept

http://groundzeromod.net/~gzdev/audio/at omicmoon.mp3

On our forums in the "public documents" thread you can find descriptions of our character attributes and skills, and a thorough look at the combat system we have planned. These are highly subject to game testing of course. On the visual end, we're concentrating on getting a sort of 3D "tileset" of building pieces, streets, and rubble modelled and textured, which we could theoretically create the entire prototype town with. We will then concentrate on characters and more unique structures as time provides. Still shooting to have a public demo ready by the end of December.

New character designs

Il Puppies

WOW

heXen
    ospite

NoSf3rAtU ha scritto mer, 05 ottobre 2005 alle 13:22
    A wee bit of an update.

We have our new web and forum space. Keep an eye out for an actual website, for now it defaults to the latest design document:

http://www.groundzeromod.net/forum

We've acquired a new coder and have three 3D modellers on staff. However it's been a bit slow since most of the team has started fall classes.

a car model by Shepeiro

Deavile has set up an environmental interaction system so that the player can examine, use, and speak with objects and characters. He also coded our NPC dialogue framework, and demonstrated the ability to store variable character stats that affect gameplay in a number of ways. The next major step is to design and implement GUIs for various interactors and character generation, as well as a quest system, and writing the NPC dialogue trees with Deavile's markup language.

Musical Concept

http://groundzeromod.net/~gzdev/audio/at omicmoon.mp3

On our forums in the "public documents" thread you can find descriptions of our character attributes and skills, and a thorough look at the combat system we have planned. These are highly subject to game testing of course. On the visual end, we're concentrating on getting a sort of 3D "tileset" of building pieces, streets, and rubble modelled and textured, which we could theoretically create the entire prototype town with. We will then concentrate on characters and more unique structures as time provides. Still shooting to have a public demo ready by the end of December.

New character designs

che macchinone

questo mod sta venendo bene

Il Fantasma

nessuna novità per questo mod?

heXen
    ospite

no, cmq quella macchina forse sarà guidabile

heXen
    ospite

tre nuove immagini anche se prive quasi totalmente di texture

Altre INFORMAZIONI sulle Feature di Ground Zero

So slowly however reliably the submerged Mods of the Doom3-Szene comes again to the daylight. One can do that with fall out: Ground zero also literally take, because the postapokalyptische Timepunk RPG lights up in the brightest sunshine. To at the beginning of January is planned a first playable version, which will offer already plentifully features:

1. A version of Springhill created from a virtually complete building "tileset" with at least placeholder textures.

2. Two custom character models with new animations.

3. An "examine" tool with which clicking on an object displays descriptive strings in a text feedback window.

4. The ability to engage in dialogue with an NPC.

5. A simple example of quest acquisition.

6. Completed "character" sheet with which you can adjust attribute/skill values, which have a demonstratable effect on gameplay.

7. Rough introduction to the way combat will be handled.

After this release the tools and play objects are continued to develop, a complete version of Springhill is possibly published and new locations for exploring are provided. We are strained and look forward to the first playable results. How one can recognize on the current pictorial material was not texturiert, the a few houses yet, shows however already clearly, which quality will reach totally the Conversion.

heXen
    ospite

ha aperto il sito di Ground Zero:

Ground Zero

AGGIORNAMENTO

Ground Zero Alpha Releases (Combat System Playtest)

Description:

Ground Zero is a role-playing game that takes place about 100 years in the future, on an alternate timeline that diverged from our own in the 1950s. This release is an early playtest of our combat system and a few other basic features. The gameplay found within does represent our final vision for Ground Zero, as we will continually be refining both future and included features in response to internal testing and YOU the end user.

Ground Zero Public Prototype 1

This archive contains a .bat and shortcut (which will probably have to be re-targeted on your end, but has a nifty icon), and the mod folder itself which contains a seventeen-page manual and known bugs list.

The mod at this point is a very W.I.P. model of our prototype town Springhill. There are currently no textures (other than a few normal maps) and no custom characters. In it, you will find Springhill inhabited by evil radioactive zombies (exclusive to this special pre-release!) which have been modified to use our pseudo turn-based combat system. Do a little combat sweep through the town to get a feel of what we have in mind.

We are aware of numerous bugs. Our intention is to give a little preview of our progress, and get feedback on what has been implemented so far/where we are taking things (such as the environment creation, interface, and combat system), and how performance is across different systems.

If you are a coder/scripter, 3d artist, or texture artist, and find the prospect of contributing to this little project intriguing, please contact me at jlambvo AT gmail.com (or come by our forums: http://www.groundzeromod.net/forum). Everyone is of course more than welcome to come by and discuss the gameworld, technical issues, and so forth.

Well, I've been staring at this for 12 hours straight now, so I'm going to take a nap. Have fun, and be patient.

-Jonathan Lamb
    Ground Zero project lead

Download:

http://doom3.filefront.com/file/Ground_Z ero_Combat_System_Playtest;56327

heXen
    ospite

lol scarico , chissà perchè hanno fatto questo, Hanno rilasciato una versione senza texture , si vede cmq la visuale sia in prima che in terza persona e l'HUD , una versione texturizzata l'avrei gradita viste le ultime immagini " a colori" del mod

AGGIORNAMENTO

jlamb has posted a few screenshots from the TC over at ModDB.

:: Character Sheet ::

Draft of the character sheet. We will only include skills that are actually useful, and so far have solid plans for everything here.

:: Combat ::

Using Doom 3 zombies as dummy placeholders to test our combat system. Download the current release to see it in action. In the HUD you can see text reports and AP/Health lights updating.

:: Junk Palisades ::

Just showing a few static meshes we've produced, and an early version of the in-game HUD. The black space is a text-feedback screen which reports in-game events and results of skill applications.

:: Springhill ::

Current build of the town of Springhill. We are using this as a prototype to build up technical features and media assets before moving into producing other gameworld locations. All structures are made from 10x10 foot static mesh "tiles" and miscellaneous trim.

:: Guard Tower ::

Structure converted to a guard tower on Springhill's city walls.

AGGIORNAMENTO

[Updated] Ground Zero (Combat System Playtest)

Description:

Ground Zero is an in-depth, post-apocalyptic RPG inspired strongly by the Fallout series. Leveraging Doom 3's scripting engine and real-time graphic capabilities, we are creating a highly generative and dynamic game framework by placing the RPG within the context of a simple high-level strategy game. Factions, cities, and organizations, are networked with each other and the player such that the world evolves over time with or without the player's intervention. By creatively applying a range of skills and abilities, the player carves a niche for him or herself that may help shape the world after the bomb!

The core mechanics of Ground Zero are exploration and the decision making behind your actions. It is a game of chance and consequences, of which combat is only one component. The most significant reason for the character skill/attribute approach is to create a uniform ruleset which is the same for all characters, player and computer-controlled alike. This creates a more consistent and predictable context for a variety of play styles, and instead of having to script out every conceivable option it allows for players to resolve situations in ways we could not necessarily foresee.

What's new:

- Linux build.
    - Bloom shader, courtesy of Use_Less (and SantaClaws).
    - Rudimentary melee combat: attacks are resolved as a compared check between attacker and defender. If the defender is holding a firearm, the blunt weapons skill is used. Attacker receives a bonus with angle of attack, where being squared off is minimal and being directly behind provides the greatest advantage. If the attacker wins, the defender takes a skill penatly for the remainder of the turn (which will be important for combos and called shots in the future). If the defender wins, the attacker is turned away proportional to the margin of failure.
    - HUD text is slightly larger.
    - New load screen and bullet holes should appear with all quality settings.
    - Monsters wake up at more appropriate times now, and pathing is greatly improved with a little monster_clip hack. Shoould play out smoother.
    - A couple other weapons can be found throughout the map. You also only receive a small bit of ammunition with this now.
    - Couple other tweaks and fixes.

Download Update:

http://doom3.filefront.com/file/Updated_ Ground_Zero_Combat_System_Playtest;56327

heXen
    ospite

ora che ci penso ma io al momento non ho la scheda , la mia versione di D3 è per windows mica per il pinguino

dovrò aspettare un pò, nosfe si vede bene senza texture?

Shogun Assoluto L'avatar di manuè

ommioddio! è tutto illuminato!
    finalmente una luce alla fine del tunnel
    a che punto è lo sviluppo?
    quando si prevede una versione definitiva?
    credo che sia scritto più su, ma purtroppo non capisco l'inglese e quindi tutto quel bla-bla-bla mi fa venire solo il mal di testa.

heXen
    ospite

percentuale di completamento 10-15% non di più A:sd: ,nessuna data di rilascio attendibile per il momento , rilasciata solo una versione primitiva non completamente texturizzata, si potrà scegliere se giocare in prima o terza persona cmq

AGGIONAMENTO

Ground Zero with first release

The Doom3-Mod Ground zero continues to advance always and in such a way already presents us the developer team the first "prototype" the Mod:

"In our first public play test you will get a glimpse of the "step-based" combat system we're developing, as well as the method for crafting Ground Zero's environments. We even managed to sneak in some new music from composer Blaise Douros. Please be sure to read over the included manual (located in the plug-in folder) which should answer most immediate questions, as well as the known bugs document for various code and graphic errata. Keep in mind that this is a VERY early release and only scratches the surface of our final vision."

These information sounds itself nevertheless already very promisingly, above all, if one leads oneself besides still the new screen SHOT flood to mind. Because there one can throw first times a view of the character - naturally from the rear, as it is usual with RPGs. Also the buildings and the detail degree of the levels really succeeded, with which a clean texture is only missing. Everywhere one finds small details such as tires and fences.

The team wishes itself much feedback naturally, in order to give and around first nose to work out be able the Mod also still the final touch. Now however to the Screenshots and first release, which natural you find in our file cousin:

DOWNLOAD Ground Zero Alpha-Prototyp @ Doom3Maps (34.93 MB)

heXen
    ospite

speriamo che questa abbia quanche texture
    scarico.

heXen
    ospite

un paio di modelli:

Relevart
    ospite