+ Rispondi alla Discussione
Pag 1 di 2 12 UltimaUltima
Risultati da 1 a 25 di 37
    heXen
    ospite

Arrow [Q4 Mod MP] : Quake 4 Fortress (D XT Patch v1.4)

url=http://www.planetdoom.com/d3f/index. html

Been awhile. D3F has seemed pretty dead, I know. But we were waiting for a better game taking advantage of the D3 engine, and Quake4 is just what we've been waiting for. With that said, we are starting preperations for our move to Quake4. Until we get closer to the release of Quake4, we will be working on the move over, regathering the team, recruiting, and working on some new content for the new site. You can join us in #Q4F on GameSurge if you like, or if you have the talent we're looking for (shown by the content on this page below) and would be interested in helping the development of Q4F, then send me an email with some examples of your work and info about yourself.

More info to come closer to the release of Quake4.

sono felice perchè QUake 4 si sta dimostrando un gioco dalle potenzialità enorimi, ancora deve uscire è già ci sono 4 mod di grosso calibro all'attivo,(tutti ex D3)

spero che non diventi un'abitudine però

Il Nonno L'avatar di Gyppi FX™

Predefinito Re: Doom3 Fortness: un'altro mod che passa si Quake 4

Hexen Third ha scritto mer, 24 agosto 2005 alle 20:49
    [url]http://www.planetdoom.com/d3f/index.html[/urk]

Been awhile. D3F has seemed pretty dead, I know. But we were waiting for a better game taking advantage of the D3 engine, and Quake4 is just what we've been waiting for. With that said, we are starting preperations for our move to Quake4. Until we get closer to the release of Quake4, we will be working on the move over, regathering the team, recruiting, and working on some new content for the new site. You can join us in #Q4F on GameSurge if you like, or if you have the talent we're looking for (shown by the content on this page below) and would be interested in helping the development of Q4F, then send me an email with some examples of your work and info about yourself.

More info to come closer to the release of Quake4.

sono felice perchè QUake 4 si sta dimostrando un gioco dalle potenzialità enorimi, ancora deve uscire è già ci sono 4 mod di grosso calibro all'attivo,(tutti ex D3)

spero che non diventi un'abitudine però
    quando sarà uscito q4 e starà per arrivare il nuovo gioco, si sposteranno ancora...

heXen
    ospite

M.o.d.e.r.a.t.o.r.e. L'avatar di NoSf3rA†U

Bene bene...e siamo a 3 MOD per Quake IV...che ancora deve uscire

Ecco l'Homepage Ufficiale del MOD:

http://www.planetdoom.com/d3f/index.html

Edit:

Ecco qualche artworks e qualche dettaglio sul MOD:

Doom 3 Fortress feature for QUAKE IV:

● All that Doom3 features...
    ● Realistic physics.
    ● Real-time dynamic lighting and shadows.
    ● CG movie quality graphics and detail never before seen.
    ● Team Fortress (TF) based gameplay and physics.
    ● TF-like bunny hopping.
    ● TF-like conc jumping.
    ● All 9 TF classes + civilian class for special maps.
    ● Ports of your favorite TF maps and plenty of originals.
    ● Unique TF weapons, items, and skills.
    ● Your favorite gameplay modes... Capture the Flag, Command Point, Assault, and more.
    ● Total Conversion meaning all new models, sounds, maps... everything!
    ● Soundtrack specially made for D3F.
    ● Integrated MP3 player to add your own tunes during play.
    ● Detailed and balanced class-based gameplay.
    ● WinXP/2k, Linux, and Mac compatible.

heXen
    ospite

NoSf3rAtU ha scritto mer, 24 agosto 2005 alle 21:07
    Bene bene...e siamo a 3 MOD per Quake IV...che ancora deve uscire

Ecco l'Homepage Ufficiale del MOD:

http://www.planetdoom.com/d3f/index.html

Edit:

Ecco qualche artworks e qualche dettaglio sul MOD:

Doom 3 Fortress feature for QUAKE IV:

● All that Doom3 features...
    ● Realistic physics.
    ● Real-time dynamic lighting and shadows.
    ● CG movie quality graphics and detail never before seen.
    ● Team Fortress (TF) based gameplay and physics.
    ● TF-like bunny hopping.
    ● TF-like conc jumping.
    All 9 TF classes + civilian class for special maps.
    ● Ports of your favorite TF maps and plenty of originals.
    ● Unique TF weapons, items, and skills.
    ● Your favorite gameplay modes... Capture the Flag, Command Point, Assault, and more.
    ● Total Conversion meaning all new models, sounds, maps... everything!
    ● Soundtrack specially made for D3F.
    ● Integrated MP3 player to add your own tunes during play.
    ● Detailed and balanced class-based gameplay.
    ● WinXP/2k, Linux, and Mac compatible.

mi domando da dove tireranno fuori una fisica realistica...

Il Nonno L'avatar di Gyppi FX™

ivan_the_B ha scritto sab, 27 agosto 2005 alle 02:21
    mi domando da dove tireranno fuori una fisica realistica...
    Fisica... realistca... che idea!
    devo cercare dove si edita la fisica!

Grazie Ivan

heXen
    ospite

qualche modo evidentemente lo hanno trovato

Suprema Borga Imperiale L'avatar di Blood

Predefinito Re: [MOD SP\MP] : Quake 4 Fortness

una cosa, anzi 4...

FortRess, non fortness.
    Nessuno dei link funziona.
    La modalità fortress dovrebbe essere per forza di cose solo mp.
    Fortress per quake 4 a me risulta essere questo: http://www.q4f.net/

salut

Bravo Blood,ogni tanto sai renderti utile...anche qui

Segnalo subito a Hexen ch ecambierà il titolo in [MOD MP] : Quake 4 Fortress

Mi scusa con tutti,ma non è colpa nostra visto che quando hanno cambiato il MOD da DOOM3 a Quake IV sono cambiati anche i LINK:

Aggiornato

http://quake4.filefront.com/news/Quake_4 _Fortress;22023

heXen
    ospite

Blood ha scritto lun, 17 ottobre 2005 alle 22:46
    una cosa, anzi 4...

FortRess, non fortness.
    Nessuno dei link funziona.
    La modalità fortress dovrebbe essere per forza di cose solo mp.
    Fortress per quake 4 a me risulta essere questo: http://www.q4f.net/

salut

Predefinito Re: [MOD MP] : Quake 4 Fortress

Quake 4 Fortress Recruiting!

The team behind Doom 3 Fortress (a modification based on Team Fortress) has moved shop to Quake 4 and are back hard at work (currently developing under Doom3, to port to Q4 once released) We look forward to a promising future with Quake 4. There are alot of new development plans and content since the switch over, so check out the site! Join us on irc in #Q4F on irc.GameSurge.net and join the discussion on our forums. Much more content and updates to come. So stay tuned.

Q4F is also recruiting talented developers...
    Here is a current list of open positions on the D3F dev team. We are looking for quality and dedication. Our expectations are high. Tho we maybe a non-profit group right now, we have the potential to easily change that in the near future. Please keep in mind we are ONLY looking for individuals who are dependable, skilled, and will finish what they start. We expect to see progress.

Open Positions:

- Coder (must have extensive C++ knowledge, game/mod coding experience, TF knowledge a plus)

- Modeler (ability to model, animate, and skin anything, normal mapping knowledge a must)

- HUD/Menu Artist (must know how to script huds/menus and graphically design them, coding knowledge a plus)

- Level Designer (must have Radiant experience, TF knowledge a plus)

- Sound FX Designer (must have extensive Sound Design experience, high end equipment for FX a plus)

Quake 4 Fortress is live and opens its doors to the public!

http://www.q4f.net/

heXen
    ospite

ecco il rendere di alcune armi:

La Nebbia L'avatar di Pod°

hmmm
    Ad essere sincero preferisco quelle originali, tranne il lanciafiamme che ovviamente non è presente...

AGGIORNAMENTO

Info Quake 4 Fortress

A few weeks one heard nothing more of the Quake4-Mod QUAKE 4 FORTRESS, but this had a simple reason: Young like many other Mod teams for the Quake4-SDK waited.
    Waiting has naturally since the day before yesterday an end, because the SDK is available now for all Linux and Windows user for the Download.Thus those leuteten young also their newest News:

"The SDK released yesterday, we're all excited here RK Q4F... now the material work CAN begin!"

Da haben sie natürlich vollkommen recht und so hoffen wir, dass die Arbeiten schnell voranschreiten werden. Zudem haben sie uns auch gleich mit 3 "neuen" Screenshots bereichert, die aber keine brandneuen sind, da man sie schon für DOOM 3 FORTRESS gesehen hat. Von links nach rechts seht ihr den "Grenade Launcher", die "Sniper Rifle" und die "Tranquilizer Gun".

Le immagini che ha postato nel post precendente di Hexen.

Intervista a TEAM Fortress

On the ETG side there is a fire-hot interview with photeknix, the Modleader of Quake 4 Fortress. There is many old and some new information to the Mod and to the current conditions of the things. New Screenshots does not give it unfortunately, but that is surely only one question of the time. The Mod seems however, and that is the main thing to come well vorran.

photeknix: I'm photeknix, I was born and live in Wichita, Kansas USA. I've been playing PC games ever since the original Doom, and really got into online play during Quake. Shortly after, I got into a mod called Team Fortress and was an addict ever since. I played a lot of public games, never really getting into the clan scene till late into TFC and Q3F, but I was interested in making some levels for the game. I started to learn how to make maps, but never went far or released anything early on because I thought they were no good (I'm very picky on quality). AcidInjury (old D3F coder) and I have been close friends since high school, and we always wanted to make a game of our own. We never got anything going until Doom3 went gold, and I wanted to give Team Fortress a try... Acid jumped on board with me, and D3F was born. Since then D3F had some problems with the D3 MP code, and was put on hiatus. Like many other members, Acid moved on and was unable to continue working on the mod. Many possitions changed, new members were recruited, and a new goal was achieved. Which brings us to where Q4F now...

My position on the Q4F team is Project Leader. Sounds simple, eh? Its far from it. I also do
    all the Public Relations (which requires me to read up to 30 emails a day and try to reply to
    them, answer any of the publics questions in our irc channel and forum, and do promotion for
    the mod), website work, decide what the public gets to see, keep the team organized, creation, art and design direction, make final design decisions, and on top of all that... make maps for the mod. Yes, I have a full plate. While it can be stressful, I'm really enjoying it.

q4.etg: Can you give a description of Q4F for people out there not familiar with the mod?

photeknix: Bottom line, Q4F is Team Fortress for Quake 4. Team Fortress was a mod created by a few aussies (Robin Walker & John Cook) that now work at Valve Software. I began playing TF in late '96, around the time QuakeWorld released and really changed the way TF could be played over the internet. TF started out as a class based CTF (capture-the-flag) mod with a few classes, which was added onto over about a year to create what we all know today as TF.

Q4F, at this point, is a remake of the original TF. We're not doing a direct port tho. Our main
    focus is to make a more user friendly TF that more players can get into. TF has a large learning curve, and the basic player in this new age doesn't like to spend alot of time learning alot of new skills and tricks just to keep up with the hardcore players. Sure, there will always been a skill gap in any game. The people who play it more will usually be more skilled and better at the game then newer players. But there are little variables that we're looking at changing and adding to the TF genre that will hopefully attract more new players to the somewhat grim community TF has left.

At first release, Q4F will have your basic 9 classes: Scout, Sniper, Soldier, Demoman, Medic HWguy, Pyro, Spy, and Engineer. Each class has thier own specific weapons, items, and abilities Much like you'll find in popular games today like Enemy Territory and Battlefield 2. We will be
    releasing 5 maps at first release, which maps are unknown at this time... but we're sure Forts
    will be one of them. These maps will most likely only feature basic CTF gamemode, but we will
    introduce new modes and maps in later updates.

q4.etg: You started working on this mod for Doom3. Why did you decide to wait for Quake 4?

photeknix: We initially started for Doom3 because it was getting alot hype before its release, and it being id's next greatest thing, I only thought it'd be the best time to start. Little did we know how Doom3 was actually going to turn out. Sure, its a good next gen engine and the technology is great, but by the time we found out the Multiplayer was very limited and that we didn't have access to any network code to take advantage of it ourselves... it was too late. Shortly after SDK release Doom3 started to get quiet, and my team started to disappear and die. This is when I decided to put D3F on hiatus in hopes that Quake 4 wouldn't be too far off and would really change and improve on the engines multiplayer side. So far, we haven't been disappointed... Q4 has great MP and modding potential, we just hope it grows more.

q4.etg: The models and maps shown on your site look very advanced. Did working
    on the mod for D3 enable you to get some of the groundwork done before q4
    came out?

photeknix: Actually, most of the models and maps you see were done before the Doom3 SDK released. I had recruited a great team, and some very talented modelers and mappers. But between then we lost that talent, and it was very hard to find it again. I think the new talent I've picked up will be able to produce the sort of quality I'm expecting, but to lose such great guys and great talent (most of them got jobs in the industry) was really hard for me to swallow. But, starting work early has really helped us get a head start.

q4.etg: Are there differences between Doom3 and Quake4 that make it easier (or
    harder) to mod for?

photeknix: To me, not much. Modding under Quake4 feels the same as modding under Doom3. The additions and changes to the the MP itself tho is a huge step in the right direction. It should make the coding side of things a much smoother process. But in the long run, to mod for... its not much different at all.

q4.etg: You mention on your website that Q4F will be based mostly on the original TF. Are there any significant changes between Q4F and the original TF?

photeknix: Our base model for gameplay is the orginal TF, yes. But Q4F will have quite a bit of changes and additions will make it feel as different as TFC or Q3F does to TF. I can't go into
    every detail, but some of the more drastic changes will be additions to promote teamplay and making it easier to find your teammates and group with them, the scout will have a major facelift, adding more manueverability, the spy will no longer have feign but a predator like cloak, and more.

q4.etg: What elements from other fortress mods such as Q3F and ETF, will be included in Q4F?

photeknix: Q4F will include an Advanced CTF system much like TFC and ETF... where you get extra points by defending, capturing, assisting, etc. We plan on using a TFC like conc effect; HWguy will fire like Q3F, you can spin the gun up while moving but have to stand still to fire; the pyro will be able to rocket jump, similar to ETF; those are just a few examples of things that those certain mods used that we plan on similarly using in Q4F.

q4.etg: Can we look forward to remakes of Classic TF and Q3F maps? If so which ones?

photeknix: Yes, infact right now remakes are our main focus. You will see popular remakes like forts, bam, rock, hardcore, mach, smooth, bases, canalzone, openfire, tf2k, dissect, spaz, hunted, border, engbat, sniperwar, well, 2tech, 2night, spit, stag, lastresort, duel(1on1r), and possibly more.

q4.etg: Will there be many original maps?

photeknix: We do plan on creating original maps of our own. Infact Killmachine's first project was an original, whether it will be in the first release is unknown at this time, but we plan on creating and releasing more Q4F original maps in future updates.

q4.etg: On your website, you mentioned 'dumbing down' Q4F to make it easier for newer players to learn. Can you expand on this?

photeknix: We're doing everything we can to get anyone right in the game and going, without the big learning curve it took in previous TF's. Adding things like BF2 like radar where you can see your teammates (scout can see enemies) and being able to see teammates names through walls that are near by, making it easier to find your team and group up. Simplifying strafe jumping (bunnyhopping), either by removing it or making it easy enough that anyone can do it, even first time players. Having auto-macros, in the past you'd have to make a config for binds to tell your team where you died, dropped the flag, etc... but when these events happen, the game will do it automatically so you don't have to spend time creating such configs. Automatic grentimers, a grentimer will already be implemented and play when you prime a grenade. Flag status bar, will tell you where the flags are at all times, even when being carried. Playable tutorials and videos, to teach players how to rocket jump, grenade jump, conc jump, strafe jump, etc... and to teach and show a player around a map. And much, much more.

q4.etg: Will there be any new weapons, gamemodes, or items?

photeknix: No new weapons or items... tho some may change. Gamemodes, thats a whole different subject. We plan on implementing a system that is very open ended, much like TF was. With our entities, a mapper will be able to create game play modes never thought of. You can create regular CTF, 1 flag CTF, 3 or 4 team CTF, Capture & Hold (capture points), Team DM (like CS), objective based (like destroy the object), Assault (one team plays defense, other plays offense), hunted, and more. We could see some new inventions to gamemodes that have never been tried.

q4.etg: Ive played Q3F and have never heard of the civilian class mentioned on your website. What is the civilian class, and what is its purpose?

photeknix: Very few maps used civilian in Q3F. Civilian has been used in the past as a cannon fodder type class. Like in hunted, where 1 person is a civilian with low health, no armor, and just an axe, and has to be helped to the goal before the enemy team kills him. Also maps like border, which has a similar concept, but there are more then 1 person trying to make it to the goal. Civilian is basically a class for specialty maps such as those.

q4.etg: Will there be any new classes introduced?

photeknix: No.

q4.etg: Will the team colors be red and blue, or will they be orange and green,
    as in q4?

photeknix: The main team colors will be red and blue... we'll support 4 teams, possibly even more... and those will be yellow and green. Just like past TF's. The one cool thing tho, is we will be using alot of the Q4 content, but we'll have to change much of the colors to from green
    and orange to red and blue. So think of all those CTF maps themes, but in TF red and blue colors.

As a final note, none of this is set in stone, and plans may change depending on what we can and can't do with the SDK.

q4.etg: Thanks for your time and good luck with your mod!

photeknix: Thanks for having me

...chissà che si dicono!!!

AGGIORNAMENTO

Today Q4F Mod team have released some more screenshots of the upcoming mod,these new shots are showing off the map called Mach which will be included in the first release of the mod, it will also be Retextured and relit for Q4F, including the previously unseen and newly built outside and water entrance.
    Take a look at the images attached to this news item for a preview of this new map

Also, photeknix, Project Leader of Q4F, recently sat down with StormShadow from ETG (Enter The Game) and talked about where Q4F got started and whats planned for Q4F. You can check it out at:

http://quake4.enterthegame.com/Q4Finterv iew.asp

Lastly, we're still recruiting and looking to fill some open spots to help with our development. Here is a list of what we're looking for:

Modler - ability to model, animate, and skin anything, normal mapping knowledge a must
    Skinner - normal and bumpmapping a must, superior skinning skills a plus
    Level Designer - must have past Radiant experience, TF knowledge a plus
    Texture Artist - normal and bumpmapping a must, extensive texturing skills a plus
    Sound FX Designer - normal and bumpmapping a must, extensive texturing skills a plus

Check out http://www.q4f.net/team.htm to find out more info on recruitment and how to send in an application of interest.

And for all Q4F info and updates, be sure to check out http://www.q4f.net/regularly. We here at Q4Files will keep you updated as we get anymore information.

heXen
    ospite

anche qui è ben fatta l'acqua

heXen
    ospite

6 nuove immagini e 2 modelli

Shogun Assoluto L'avatar di Joe Slap

ARRGHHH lo voglio!!

AGGIORNAMENTO

Testing Team Signups are now open!!!

Sorry for the lack of updates. Things have gotten really slow around here with alot of dev team members just disappearing. But don't dispair, no matter what happens... we're still going to release. Infact, we've decided to polish up and finish what we currently have and release a demo of Q4F. It will feature all the TF classes (with all abilities, weapons, and items), 4 maps (remakes of forts, hardcore, mach, and bases), and some new models, textures, and sounds.

We're hoping this demo release will interest more people in Q4F and Q4 as a whole so we can pick up more talent and continue to work on and polish Q4F to the fully working and finished product we're hoping for it to be. Now this doesn't mean the demo release will be bad, infact far from it. I'm very impressed with what we do have so far for the lack of members on our team. So there is still much to be excited about, and we plan on continuing to work on Q4F and release nice updates with new maps, models, art, and gameplay modes until it is where we planned for it to be.

Talking about excitement... testing for our demo release is near. We're now accepting signups for our testing team. We're looking to start testing sometime in April. So if you think you'd be interested in helping play test Q4F before our first public release, head on over to the signup page and read through the rules and information then submit your form.

We're also looking for Server Admin's to help run some testing servers. Servers must be Windows based, have FTP access, and be able to handle the load and bandwidth of a 16 player Quake 4 game with no problems. If you or someone you know can run one, just fill out the tester signup form and be sure to fill out the server info section.

Lastly, we're still looking for developers... namely modelers, mappers, and texture artists... who can help us finish and polish up our first release and continue to develop Q4F to a finished product. If you think you'd be interested, head over to the team page and drop me an email with the needed information.

Stay tuned, as we will be releasing some Q4F gameplay videos in the near future. Until then...

Dai che ci siamo!!!

Gameplay Videos. Round 1. FIGHT!!!

Today I'm pleased to announce the release of our first round of sneak-peek gameplay videos as we get close to testing. While we are running a little behind then we planned (happens when you only have 4 active developers ), we are still very close to testing. If you haven't yet signed up for testing, be sure to do that soon to get a spot. Signups are still open. (note: you will not recieve a reply until testing begins).

So without further ado, on to the videos...

DOWNLOAD Q4F: Gameplay-Videos @ Quake4Maps (16.65 MB)

Note: please keep in mind these videos are of early internal alpha builds that are still incomplete, these are just a taste of whats to come very soon).

Gameplay Videos. Round 2. FIGHT!!!

Yes, shockingly enough, I'm updating only 4 days after my last post. yay!
    Today we're showing off 2 new videos from our internal alpha build. Going along with TF class order, we bring you the Soldier and the Demoman. Soldier has a nice bit of hopping and trick jumping with the rocket launcher and grenades. Demoman isn't much, but shows his fantastic spamming abilities along with his pipe traps. So here ya go, check them out...

(note: please keep in mind these videos are of early internal alpha builds that are still incomplete, these are just a taste of whats to come very soon)

DOWNLOAD Q4F: Gameplay-Videos (Part II) @ Quake4Maps (12.9 MB)

Q4F Gameplay Videos, Round E3!

Ah yes, that time of the year we gamers can't get enough of is here. E3! And it sure has been exciting.
    Infact we here at Q4F thought we'd join in the fun and release some more clips of our early internal alpha build and give you, the public, more of a taste of whats to come. In these 2 videos we are releasing today we take a closer look at the Medic and how the conc effect will react to players, you'll see more bunnyhop and aircontrol goodness, and more feature implemented wall climbing. Also we have the HWguy with his minigun and ability to mow down players, his happy cluster grenades spammage, and how water reacts and sounds reaslistically with gunfire, grenade splashes, and player splash.

Check them out...

http://www4.ncsu.edu/~cjcone/q4f/medic.a vi

http://www4.ncsu.edu/~cjcone/q4f/hwguy.a vi

Stay tuned, they aren't even close to done on their video and content releases. More just around the corner for your viewing pleasure!

Q4F: Round IV der Gameplay-Videos

Here is round 4 of our videos showing off the Pyro's abilities, his sexy flame thrower, and some napalm goodness. Also we have a video of the Spy showing off his disguising ability.

Check them out...

Note: please keep in mind these videos are of early internal alpha builds that are still incomplete, these are just a taste of whats to come very soon)

We still aren't done with our video coverage. Theres more just around the corner, so stay tuned!

DOWNLOAD Q4F: Gameplay-Videos (Part IV) @ Quake4Maps (15.87 MB)

+ Rispondi alla Discussione
Pag 1 di 2 12 UltimaUltima

Permessi di Scrittura

• Tu non puoi inviare nuove discussioni
  • Tu non puoi inviare risposte
  • Tu non puoi inviare allegati
  • Tu non puoi modificare i tuoi messaggi
  • Il codice BB è Attivato
  • Le faccine sono Attivato
  • Il codice [IMG] è Attivato
  • Il codice HTML è Disattivato