+ Rispondi alla Discussione
Risultati da 1 a 2 di 2
    heXen
    ospite

Predefinito [MOD SP Quake II] : Islands of Space - Strogg Base

Modduzzo per Quake II

Dove scaricarlo
    INDIRIZZO

Q2 is back with a vengeance... a very evil vengeance...

And not even Serious Sam could deal with this one! I don't mean Quake 4 either, but if you're lucky (smart?) enough to buy the SE edition of Q4 then install Quake 2 and GET THIS MOD. That's all I can say. If you're wondering why I'm a Friar of so few words, please, read on.

Whoah... just whoah.

This mod works with any normal Quake 2 SP levels. In the simplest sense, this made takes every weapon, powerup, monster, etc. & randomizes it. See that pic on the right? That's a Tank wandering past the first corridor you enter in the first level. Yes, a Tank. It's not all bad though. You start the game with a random weapon. So, you could end up with the new Savage Shotgun which comes with a randomly determined ammo type. All the weapon changes/ammo types are listed in the readme. However, if you like a weapon, conserve it (if possible). There's no ammo/health pickups around but each weapon you find comes with a random ammo type. If you get stuck with a normal machine gun in a room full of Tanks & Dark Maidens, don't say I didn't warn you (of course the next time you enter the room you could have a Ion Hyperblaster & a bunch of light guards). There is some hope though. If you pick up a bandolear you get an extra reload of your current weapon. An ammo pack gives you two reloads (reload = full clip). Then again, some Strogg are resistant against certain weapons. Ahh... I can feel the love (or napalm).

Want more specifics

I'm not going to run down all the new monsters/weapon/powerup changes, but I'll tell you this: there's 11 different weapons, up to 9 different ammo types PER WEAPON, 11 monsters with up to 11 different classes per monster for a total of 28 monsters and two powerups! Talk about overload! With the randomness of the mod you wind up in some pretty interesting situations, even on easy skill! I tried playing several levels and couldn't even get past the first one.
    A welcome party, different every time!

Load me up & call the doctor!!

First off, make sure you've got Quake 2 & the 3.20 patch (who doesn't by now?!). Next, if you want pretty graphics like in the pics, download a new Q2 engine. I recommend EGL or Quake 2 Evolved (that was used for these screens). Finally, download the mod from Islands of Space's homepage or use this direct link to FilePlanet. Just read the readme & follow the instructions. On that note, I'd like to point out that I needed to manualy type in "map base1" in the console to get the SP levels to work in Q2E. Not sure why, but besides that everything worked fine.

Final say?

This is one snazzy mod. It's got a great variety of firepower & baddies. This is 110% replay value, no questions asked. Heck, you can't even memorize where monsters come from because it's different almost every time! If only retail games picked up on this!
    No captian can say what I felt when I saw this.. thing!

Hey, you've reached the end! Bravo! You must be one of those people who read the EULA's at the end of game manuals, or the readme.txt that comes with downloaded files!

Questions or Comments? Spam The Happy Friar. The goats filter out all unwanted e-mail anyway.

Predefinito Re: [MOD SP Quake II] : Islands of Space - Strogg Base

wow,nemici randomizzati...da provare in Coop
    tnx

+ Rispondi alla Discussione

Permessi di Scrittura

• Tu non puoi inviare nuove discussioni
  • Tu non puoi inviare risposte
  • Tu non puoi inviare allegati
  • Tu non puoi modificare i tuoi messaggi
  • Il codice BB è Attivato
  • Le faccine sono Attivato
  • Il codice [IMG] è Attivato