+ Rispondi alla Discussione
Risultati da 1 a 4 di 4
    La Borga L'avatar di Uff

Arrow I SimBin annunciano Lizard

Con il nuovo sito web, i SimBin presentano anche il loro nuovo motore, di cui potete vedere uno screen più in basso (in questo caso, si tratta di una versione beta di Race adattata al nuovo engine). Il Lizard diventerà una sorta di middleware, quindi una base su cui poter sviluppare qualsiasi genere di titolo, non solo per PC.

For all “next generation” (Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and PC) products SimBin will have its own game engine that is called Lizard. Lizard is entirely self developed and owned by the SimBin group of companies.

The Lizard-engine contains all basic components that are required in order to develop game products: simulation, physics, rendering, networks, animation, sound, user interface, data pipeline, editor and tools. It is mainly written in the portable C++ programming language.

Lizard is a reusable engine, written with stability, performance and developing efficiency in focus. In the present situation, it is tailored to handle racing games, but due to its module structure it is prepared to constitute the basis for any type of game. This gives SimBin the possibility too quickly broaden the product portfolio with other genres for example a "First Person Shooter".

To use an in-house developed, reusable, game engine is a very cost effective solution that gives SimBin a lot of flexibility to handle new projects, both its own IP’s or assigned productions. The concept is the same that has been used the last decades within the car manufacturing industry, In order to create cost efficient and competitive new cars, several car models from the same group is built on the same platform. The basic architecture is the same, but the experience is totally different since the interior and exterior is unique.

Reusable game engines (sometimes referred to as “middleware”) are no news in the game sector. However, there are a number of companies that offer their middleware to game companies. Lizards big advantage is that it is to 100% developed and owned by SimBin, which means that SimBin has all necessary knowledge and can use it to pursue products that are desired without having to pay external parties.

SimBin works continuously with the development of Lizard focusing mainly on X-Box 360 and PC but will be adapting it to other consoles such as the PlayStation3.

Sotto la sezione Games poi ci sono anche due nuovi progetti "segreti" in lavorazione: speriamo che almeno uno dei due sia basato sulle monoposto!

Ultima modifica di Uff; 11-04-07 alle 23:50:41

Il Nonno L'avatar di BoNI

Predefinito Re: I SimBin annunciano Lizard

speriamo davvero che sfornino un gioco su moposto..

ma i simbin si sono divisi? si e' sfatto il gruppo di sviluppatori?

La Borga L'avatar di Uff

I Sim Bin "originari" (quelli del primo GTR, per intenderci) si sono già divisi da tempo creando i Blimey!. Gli atuali SimBin dovrebbero essere la divisione svedese, teoricamente "meno simulativa" rispetto agli originali.

+ Rispondi alla Discussione

Permessi di Scrittura

• Tu non puoi inviare nuove discussioni
  • Tu non puoi inviare risposte
  • Tu non puoi inviare allegati
  • Tu non puoi modificare i tuoi messaggi
  • Il codice BB è Attivato
  • Le faccine sono Attivato
  • Il codice [IMG] è Attivato
  • Il codice HTML è Disattivato