Pag 3 di 3 PrimaPrima 123
Risultati da 51 a 68 di 68
    Moderatore BI BI DA L'avatar di Jaqen

Predefinito Re: [Magna Mundi the Game] Prime rivelazioni

recs

Banned L'avatar di Ben_Weasel

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da recs Visualizza Messaggio

maggiore visibilità sputtanando un gioco di nicchia in un genere di nicchia come ultrabuggato. quando la concorrenza interna (ck2) sta per far uscire la prima espansione.

chi è che dovrebbe fregarsene di queste beghe che non stesse già seguendo il gioco?

perchè io di titoli sul corriere della sera non ne ho visti.
    Ovviamente il Corriere è la cartina tornasole del mondo dei vg strategici.

Ma anche dei titoli tripla A se per questo. Chi non compra il corsera per stare aggiornato sui vg, al giorno d'oggi?

Aspetta che la voce arrivi a kotaku, e poi vedi che botto di contatti ottengono.
    Ultima modifica di Ben_Weasel; 13-06-12 alle 15:19:24

La Borga L'avatar di Beato Angelico

peccato...da un lato che ubik avesse un ego notevole era cosa stranota, dall'altro paradox per quanto riguarda la gestione dei titoli third party continua ad avere problemi enormi (vedi pride of nations, sword of the star 2, ecc) che si ripetono da anni e che a questo punto trovo ingiustificabili e segno di un dilettantismo irritante.

aggiungo che persino io mi ero offerto volontario per il beta testing. ubik non può lamentarsi dei pochi beta tester, i volontari sicuramente c'erano e se ne ha presi troppo pochi è stato un suo errore.
    Ultima modifica di Beato Angelico; 13-06-12 alle 15:45:39

Because both parties were afraid that some of the Betas may post the build version on a torrent site, that's why.
    That was discussed within the team, but Paradox insisted on having the multiplayer in the first release. I don't know statistics, but according to them, many people play EU3 in multi.
    quando parlavo di dilettantismo...

Lo Zio L'avatar di Destoyed
    Bari, tra donne seminude ma non in Romania

Che peccato, ma Ubik è stato presuntuoso. Non puoi parlare male di chi ti ha fornito le basi su cui lavorare e pubblicherà il tuo titolo. Si è proprio dato la zappa sui piedi
    A questo punto spero che la Paradox, in caso di cancellazione confermata, prenda "in prestito" qualche idea per un futuro Europa Universalis.

Hi all,

today Paradox Interactive decided to cancel Magna Mundi. It will not see the light of day under the current set up: Universo Virtual (UV) will not be part of this project any more.

The reasons for cancelling the contract with Universo Virtual include the following:

- Lack of progress; we have seen this project drag on and the code we have gotten has not shown significant improvement for many months. Some old and known problems persists and new ones appear with each delivery.

- Lack of trust; the leadership of UV has given a sunshine version of the project to Paradox and reacted with irritation and anger when we have pointed out obvious problems with the deliveries. It has come to a point where they claim the project is done, and the game is ready for release – despite the many critical issues found and reported on our end.

- Internal strife within the MM team; we have gotten information from members within the MM team desperate to save the project whom report to us that the project lacks active leadership. Key personnel in the project see what Paradox sees but instead gets silenced by the UV leadership.

All in all, these are not circumstances under which we can work with a team and it will now stop. At this point we have no more news than the above.

Sincerely and regretfully,
    Mattias Lilja
    Executive Producer for Magna Mundi

Ora torno a riempire bidoni di tristezza...

PS

Da notare il commento del team di Ubik sullo stesso forum Paradox del (fu) MM...

We saw several alternatives to save the project, but Paradox considered cancellation the best solution. We have to accept it.
    Just finished a just-for-fun game (my first one) of 250 years. No CTDs. Period.

Ultima modifica di Traiano; 18-06-12 alle 21:08:47

eh peccato, ma ormai ce lo si poteva aspettare...ubik grande designer, ma quando si è trattato di fare anche il manager è sprofondato sotto la sua ambizione. il dilettantismo della paradox non ha aiutato.

edit: mi sorprende la quantità di odio verso ubik che c'è nel thread su paradoxplaza. ok in realtà non mi sorprende, paradoxplaza è una collezione di fanboy e di ego fuori misura, però boh.
    Ultima modifica di Beato Angelico; 18-06-12 alle 21:55:58

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da Beato Angelico Visualizza Messaggio
    edit: mi sorprende la quantità di odio verso ubik che c'è nel thread su paradoxplaza. ok in realtà non mi sorprende, paradoxplaza è una collezione di fanboy e di ego fuori misura, però boh.
    Ma come fa a sorprenderti? Oltre a quello di cui hai detto, stiamo parlando di ubik. Se ti sta ancora simpatico dopo che hai letto 5 suoi post c'è qualcosa che non va

una cosa è non essere simpatico (impossibile risultare simpatico visti i suoi atteggiamenti), un'altra è esultare perchè il suo progetto è fallito.

Comunque mi pare che statisticamente siano più i delusi che in modo più o meno soft imputino il fallimento alla Paradox. In effetti anche per come la penso io la vedo più come una ripicca che come una scelta ponderata per tutelare la propria immagine, non è che tutti giochi Paradox siano proprio perfetti al lancio... Difficilmente sapremo mai la cruda realtà dei fatti, probabilmente anche in questo caso in medio stat virtus, magari Ubik & soci come ultimo colpo di coda fanno trapelare il gioco per far vedere se effettivamente è così ingiocabile

Greetings Magna Mundi fans,

I am just writing this post to let you know that Universo Virtual and myself will answer in the proper legal forum to the weird "cancellation" of the game. I'd also like to make it known the "cancellation" issue is just a detail on everything that's going to be settled there.

I am not going to allow that my name and my credibility are to be placed in jeopardy as they have been for some time now. I intend to come out of this with a big smile in my face and my name clean.

In the following days Universo Virtual legal team will make a public statement about this issue.

Thank you for your support,

Carlos Gustavo Benavente
    ubik minaccia di andare per vie legali la cosa si sta facendo surreale.

Secondo me Ubik non ha nemmeno mai letto il contratto e gli accordi che ha firmato.

Mi puzza sempre più di fail

Il Nonno L'avatar di Hellfire

I am not going to allow that my name and my credibility are to be placed in jeopardy as they have been for some time now.
    perché non è mica un fatto di "fare le cose per bene, il gioco era completo, ho lavorato tanto per voi e patapim e patapam", è solo questione di "perché io sono io, e voi non siete un cazzo".
    inizio a capire quelli che dicono che il tizio fosse simpatico come un furetto nelle mutande.

E indubbiamemente una dichiarazione di guerra ma con casus belli. Stability -1

la pic è vecchia di quasi 10 anni e ha ancora la sua efficacia

Beato Angelico

Il ministro all'informazione di Saddam idolo assoluto

piano con i complimenti, l'ho pescata dal forum paradox

Senza parole

Portuguese producer committed for mental issues

Carlos Gustavo, the producer of Magna Mundi and World Stage, experienced months of horror when he was forcibly committed by his family due to "mental issues".

This sounds like a title typical of a generalist and sensationalist publication, but the story of Carlos Gustavo has ran through different media due to the bizarre way that he was treated. This would have been another ocasional and curious-to-read case, but the person in question is connected to the videogame industry, and BGamer, knowing him personally, could not bypass this story. To know in-depth the bizarre narration of Carlos, forcibly commited in the psychiatrical ward of the Egas Moniz Hospital, you can read the stories published by Ionline and PUBLICO [this last one is the one translated in the Opening Post - ms]

The story came to the attention of our colleague Bruno Mendonça, which was following this case due to curiosity, but he was amazed when the last news about the affair indicated a turnaround, illustrated with a photo of Carlos. Some years ago, Rui Parreira and Bruno Mendonça had interviewed the producer at BGamer's redaction, about World Stage. Already at the time, he had told us about his story of conflict with Paradox about the cancellation of Magna Mundi, and even some confidences about problems with the family, related to his work as videogame producer, but BGamer never published these because they were out of context.

Summing up his story, the endless hours around the computer have never been well seen by his family. In his 40s, divorced and with an underage daughter, he always felt harassed by his own father, who accused him of isolation, acusing him of spending more time at the computer than with his friends. The tight deadlines for the delivery of the projects translated into long work sessions.

Forcibly commited

One day, while he was working normally in his home, he recieved the visit of four police officers, with a warrant for his immediate commitment. The warrant, according to what is described in the newspaper stories, was written by his own sister-in-law, a doctor, and whithout specialized verification. Over several months Carlos was not only kept in a mental facility, but also medicated with different anti-psychotic drugs, even when he had never been diagnosed with any of the psychic issues that he was accused of. The first doctor that observed him had evaluated his behaviour of denial of the disease as one of the symptoms of the same... to make his ordeal worse, the use of a laptop and cellphone was denied to him, and to read he could only consult the library of the hospital.

The end of the story is bittersweet. After almost six months it was proven that Carlos did not suffer from any problem, and he is now free from any decree that he is "insane"; but his resistance against medication and psychological pressure left him with serious scars: a deep depression and a denigration of his professional image, having lost projects of international companies.

Carlos Gustavo has already filed a judicial action in court against the five doctors that erroneously diagnosed him throughout the process. His family still alleges that Carlos has mental issues, noting a family precedent - his grandfather had schizophrenia.

Regardless of being a case of bad medical decisions, it stands out the way as the activity around the videogame industry is judged by those that do not understand it. The hours passed in front of the computer are seen as amusement, and with no future - even if the person in qustion is paid and independent? What if the same person worked in the Civil Construction and was forced to work 16 hours a day (as it happens to many programmers), would he be committed? This is food for thought...

From the BGamer's redaction, we feel we have to give a strong hug to Carlos for the courage to overcome this situation and wish him a fast return to his projects

Tradotto da un articolo portoghese di fine 2014. Che tristezza, quando le cose vanno male tendono a scivolare in peggio se uno non è abbastanza forte.

+ Rispondi alla Discussione
Pag 3 di 3 PrimaPrima 123

Permessi di Scrittura

• Tu non puoi inviare nuove discussioni
  • Tu non puoi inviare risposte
  • Tu non puoi inviare allegati
  • Tu non puoi modificare i tuoi messaggi
  • Il codice BB è Attivato
  • Le faccine sono Attivato
  • Il codice [IMG] è Attivato
  • Il codice HTML è Disattivato