Risultati da 1 a 12 di 12

Discussione: Game Over: Mythos

Worm Whomper
    ospite

Exclamation Game Over: Mythos

Oramai che la fine si avvicina anche per HGL, chiudono i server ed i forum di Mythos, progetto parallelo di Roper & Co.

From a post made by the former community manager Tiggs, on the Official Mythos Forum, word has been given that the Diablo Clone know as Mythos will shutting down today at 11:59 PM CST.
    Mythos Beta Going on Hiatus

Bonus Link: Mythos Farewells and Well Wishes Message Thread
    “Mythos was not the reason Flagship laid everyone off. We cannot afford to pay moderators and customer service people (like Tiggs and her Minions). In fact, we’ve all been on here doing this for free FYI. The forums are one of many faces of the company, and if it were left to the wolves it would become infested with spam and advertisements. We can’t allow that, so the boards have to come down. The Mythos Team” –Taylor Babli
    As usual it’s the players fault, all of those vicious wolves in paying player clothing pretending to be innocent consumers! Just waiting to shed their skin soon as they get the chance to ruin a good forum with spam and ads. Can’t let you players have anything important, you’ll just ruin it and hurt yourselves without FSS to keep you safe. Thanks FSS for saving us from ourselves!
    With all this alluding to being still in business despite all the staff but directors left go and now with this report of Mythos closing, full of cutesy roleplay to soften the fail it my be, it even is hinting at a return… “Citizens please prepare thyself and know that the elders will be back from their travels some day.” Something, one bright, slim, chance of hope must exist for FSS to salvage, repair and return Mythos and Hellgate to the market.
    Could this hope be that new company being talked of which will arise from the ashes of Flagship Studios?
    Special thanks to Kevin for quickly reporting the existence of this announcement. Thanks Kevin!

Mythos servers (and forums) are now officially down. Again, you guys know as much as we do about the final word on everything. Keep us posted if anyone changes their mind at the last minute.
    “Travelers of Uld,
    We, the ancient elders of Uld are issuing this warning to all citizens and travelers. Hurry! The great darkness that once plagued Uld is returning. Everyone is ordered to close down their shops and prepare. We predict the when night is at its peak the darkness will arrive. The ancient elders of Uld will be leaving immediately in order to preserve the lore of this wonderful world. Citizens please prepare thyself and know that the elders will be back from their travels some day.
    From the team:
    We regretfully announce that on Friday, July 18, 2008 at 11:59 PST the world of Uld known as Mythos will be going on hiatus. On behalf of all of the Devs and Community team we want to say thank you to everyone for their support and assistance with Mythos Alpha and Beta testing and we will see you soon.
    The Mythos Team”
    Post originali da: www.flagshipped.com

Just before the official Mythos forums went offline, Max Schaefer posted a personal thank you to all the fans and players of Mythos:
    They say it’s not so much the destination as it is the journey that’s important. We’re really hoping that’s the case around here these days. I can’t really believe I’m writing a post like this, but here we are faced with the unpleasant task of taking a hiatus from this crazy project. Unlike most games, Mythos has been running with our testing community for almost its whole life. I really feel like we’ve all done this together. And despite this bump in the road, I think we’ve succeeded wildly. This is undoubtedly the best game community I’ve ever seen. This is the best game development team in the world, in both Seattle and San Francisco. The things we’ve learned here, and with you all, will be with us forever.
    PC gaming is changing, and I believe we’ve had a sneak preview with Mythos. With any luck, this will not be a long hiatus, and Mythos will be back. But even if it’s not, and even if we all move on, we’ve taken a lot of important steps forward. Game development is in many ways a continuum, and we all build on what came before. I know neither Travis, the great Mythos dev team, nor myself are planning on doing anything but make games into the future. So no matter what, we’ll pick up where we left off and you’ll be hearing from us shortly. We may not be the best business people on the planet , but we know how to make games. And once the dust settles here, that’s what we hope to get right back to doing as soon as possible. So until then, aux revoir Mythos community! It’s truly been a privilege to have experienced this with you.
    Max Schaefer, your humble executive producer
    Ultima modifica di Worm Whomper; 19-07-08 alle 20:05:08

La Borga

Predefinito Re: Game Over: Mythos

Peccato, quello poteva essere interessante (prima dell'annuncio di Diablo III, ovviamente)

Il Nonno L'avatar di vampires

E volete ridere?
    Sono uno dei "desidererei ma non ho avuto tempo" per provare la beta del titolo che mi interessava e anche tanto.
    Dai tempi della semi-rece su tgm.

Mi spiace la nave e' stata silurata....

La Borga

Beh era carino. Ma Diablo III lo sarà di più. Rifatti con quello ^^

Quanti di voi hanno intenzione di prendere diablo 3?
    Al limite ci riuniamo sotto quella bandiera

Il Fantasma L'avatar di Hydave

Ieri sera ho tentato di connettermi dopo un paio di mesi di inattivita' ai server di Mythos...
    Inutile aggiungere che erano down... peccato perche' questo giochetto con una adeguata compagnia nel party era divertente...
    Ora l' unica cosa saggia da fare e' attendere che trascorrano gli eoni che ci separano dal prossimo capitolo di Diablo...
    Lo so, sto diventando vecchio.

La Borga

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da Spectre Visualizza Messaggio
    Quanti di voi hanno intenzione di prendere diablo 3?
    Al limite ci riuniamo sotto quella bandiera
    Dai un occhiata nella sezione Blizzard e guarda il movimento che c'è stato nelle ultime settimane per farti un idea

Più che altro: questo forum che fine fa adesso?

Non oso immaginare quanta gente voglia iscriversi...ma tra di noi, vittime di Hellgate, volevo sapere chi aveva una mezza intenzione di buttarsi su diablo

La Borga

Probabilmente tutti

La Borga L'avatar di Francovaro85

se diablo 3 sarà bello e proporrà novità di sicuro.

Worm Whomper
    ospite

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da Spectre Visualizza Messaggio
    Non oso immaginare quanta gente voglia iscriversi...ma tra di noi, vittime di Hellgate, volevo sapere chi aveva una mezza intenzione di buttarsi su diablo
    Io di sicuro, al 2 ci ho giocato fino ad aver nausea

ScizLor
    ospite

Ammetto che sono basito dalla piega catastrofica che hanno preso gli eventi legati alla FSS

Permessi di Scrittura

• Tu non puoi inviare nuove discussioni
  • Tu non puoi inviare risposte
  • Tu non puoi inviare allegati
  • Tu non puoi modificare i tuoi messaggi
  • Il codice BB è Attivato
  • Le faccine sono Attivato
  • Il codice [IMG] è Attivato
  • Il codice HTML è Disattivato