Pag 8 di 21 PrimaPrima ... 67891018 ... UltimaUltima
Risultati da 176 a 200 di 501

Discussione: Progressive NEWS

Predefinito Re: Progressive NEWS

On the rumors saying that he [Portnoy] and Mikael Åkerfeldt, the mastermind behind Swedish metal act OPETH, are planning to do something together:

Portnoy: "Yeah, he's coming down tonight actually. Most of the guys are. I've been a fan of theirs for years, and we've become friends the last couple of years. He and I and Steven Wilson [of PORCUPINE TREE] have talked about doing something together. Hopefully some time soon we'll be able to coordinate our schedules and make it happen. I think me and Steven want to make it heavy, and I think Mikael wants to, uh, not be heavy. Because me and Steven want to do stuff that we can't do with PORCUPINE TREE and DREAM THEATER, and get to some really heavy stuff. And I think that Mikael wants to get away from the heavy stuff because he does that all the time with OPETH, so who knows. Maybe we'll meet somewhere in the middle. I think it'll be great. I mean, I've had great experiences collaborating with other people, especially people who are the kind of leaders of their bands. That was kind of what TRANSATLANTIC was about, since Neal Morse and Roine Stolt are kind of the leaders of their bands, you know. It was a great creative environment, and I think a similar chemistry would happen with Steven and Mikael."
    ________________________________________ ____________

che dire se non sbav?

peccato che ci sia portnoy...

Shogun Assoluto L'avatar di DT84

Luca`Dj6 ha scritto gio, 30 marzo 2006 alle 14:48

Guarda che ti segnalo eh... flamer...

Luca`Dj6 ha scritto sab, 25 marzo 2006 alle 11:55
    piccolo regalino

http://netrock.tv/content/view/13/74/
    Ehi... ma è spettacoloso!

Sto video mi fa morire...

Grande segnalazione!

La Borga L'avatar di dtpancio

On the rumors saying that he [Portnoy] and Mikael Åkerfeldt, the mastermind behind Swedish metal act OPETH, are planning to do something together:

Portnoy: "Yeah, he's coming down tonight actually. Most of the guys are. I've been a fan of theirs for years, and we've become friends the last couple of years. He and I and Steven Wilson [of PORCUPINE TREE] have talked about doing something together. Hopefully some time soon we'll be able to coordinate our schedules and make it happen. I think me and Steven want to make it heavy, and I think Mikael wants to, uh, not be heavy. Because me and Steven want to do stuff that we can't do with PORCUPINE TREE and DREAM THEATER, and get to some really heavy stuff. And I think that Mikael wants to get away from the heavy stuff because he does that all the time with OPETH, so who knows. Maybe we'll meet somewhere in the middle. I think it'll be great. I mean, I've had great experiences collaborating with other people, especially people who are the kind of leaders of their bands. That was kind of what TRANSATLANTIC was about, since Neal Morse and Roine Stolt are kind of the leaders of their bands, you know. It was a great creative environment, and I think a similar chemistry would happen with Steven and Mikael."

che dire se non sbav?

due componenti di due mie band preferite che vogliono lavorare insieme!!

DTPancio ha scritto gio, 30 marzo 2006 alle 19:32

che dire se non sbav?

due componenti di due mie band preferite che vogliono lavorare insieme!!
    ma no, wilson e akerfeldt hanno già lavorato insieme in damnation e deadwing

DT84 ha scritto gio, 30 marzo 2006 alle 18:49
    piccolo regalino

Grande segnalazione!
    chiamasi A.C.T., divertentissima prog rock band svedese che almeno in questa area bisognerebbe conoscere

Luca`Dj6 ha scritto gio, 30 marzo 2006 alle 21:31
    DT84 ha scritto gio, 30 marzo 2006 alle 18:49
    piccolo regalino

Grande segnalazione!
    chiamasi A.C.T., divertentissima prog rock band svedese che almeno in questa area bisognerebbe conoscere
    Lo so, sono appena sufficiente in quanto a conoscenza di gruppi... non rinfacciatemelo sempre.

Comunque mi piace, e anche tanto.

finalmente

Candlelight Records has set a June 26 release date for the new album from Sweden's WOLVERINE, entitled "Still".

"Still" was recorded in part at Spacelab studio in Tönisvorst, Germany. The follow-up to 2003's "Cold Light of Monday" was produced by Oliver Philipps, Christian "Moschus" Moos and WOLVERINE and was mixed at the end of August.

qui il link per la copertina (bruttina):
    http://www.wolverine-overdose.com/img/st ill.jpg

qui il link per un brano, bleeding (che non mi fa impazzire):
    http://www.myspace.com/wolverineoverdose

grandissima notizia!!!

si la copertina oltre a essere minimalista è proprio bruttina..

e ora mi ascolto il brano..

La Borga L'avatar di Jimmy

E' proprio bella la copertina ! Di quella sobrietà raffinata che piace a me

Banned L'avatar di evaristoooo

Luca`Dj6 ha scritto sab, 08 aprile 2006 alle 12:37
    finalmente

Candlelight Records has set a June 26 release date for the new album from Sweden's WOLVERINE, entitled "Still".

"Still" was recorded in part at Spacelab studio in Tönisvorst, Germany. The follow-up to 2003's "Cold Light of Monday" was produced by Oliver Philipps, Christian "Moschus" Moos and WOLVERINE and was mixed at the end of August.

qui il link per la copertina (bruttina):
    http://www.wolverine-overdose.com/img/st ill.jpg

qui il link per un brano, bleeding (che non mi fa impazzire):
    http://www.myspace.com/wolverineoverdose
    chi ha sburrato sulla copertina ??!

nn mi sembrano niente di che , cmq......

evaristoooo ha scritto sab, 08 aprile 2006 alle 16:07

chi ha sburrato sulla copertina ??!
    non ti conviene dire certe cose con quella immagine in firma, provochi della associazioni di idee molto pericolose...

BEYOND TWILIGHT
    FOR THE LOVE OF ART AND THE MAKING

RELEASE APRIL 21ST 2006

The new album - For The Love Of Art And The Making is one ongoing composition containing 43 sections. It is 1 track of about 40 minutes.

The concept is abstract and at times almost surreal. It deals with the larger things in life. Such as life, death, love, the very essence of being dishonest, lies, sin, the essence of truth, the essence of creating, art, theft, moral values, bdsm, freedom, sadness, joy, anger, every possible emotions humans have, human nature. But most and foreall the concept deals with the passion for composing, creating, art and the essence that is music.

The concept is compounded by 43 sections and 3 hidden sections. The sections are (pieces of a puzzle). Lyrics and music both play important roles. Each section has it's own life/story and every section is a brick of the whole puzzle. Depending on in which order you listen to the pieces of the puzzle you'll get a new picture of For The Love Of Art And The Making. So you can really understand this piece of work in numerous different ways. It's up to you how you gather the puzzle.
    ________________________________________ ________________________

per quanto mi riguarda inizio a sbavare, anche se il precedente album (Section X) non m'è piaciuto affatto. colpa del cantante soprattutto, che non a caso è stato subito cacciato e sostituito con quasi-clone di jorn lande. speriamo bene...

Shogun Assoluto L'avatar di uccio

Lo fanno uscire il giorno del mio esame di Dottrine, quindi sarà per forza un bel disco

L'Onesto L'avatar di progjedi

Luca`Dj6 ha scritto mar, 11 aprile 2006 alle 20:31
    BEYOND TWILIGHT

RELEASE APRIL 21ST 2006

The new album - For The Love Of Art And The Making is one ongoing composition containing 43 sections. It is 1 track of about 40 minutes.

The concept is abstract and at times almost surreal. It deals with the larger things in life. Such as life, death, love, the very essence of being dishonest, lies, sin, the essence of truth, the essence of creating, art, theft, moral values, bdsm, freedom, sadness, joy, anger, every possible emotions humans have, human nature. But most and foreall the concept deals with the passion for composing, creating, art and the essence that is music.

The concept is compounded by 43 sections and 3 hidden sections. The sections are (pieces of a puzzle). Lyrics and music both play important roles. Each section has it's own life/story and every section is a brick of the whole puzzle. Depending on in which order you listen to the pieces of the puzzle you'll get a new picture of For The Love Of Art And The Making. So you can really understand this piece of work in numerous different ways. It's up to you how you gather the puzzle.

per quanto mi riguarda inizio a sbavare, anche se il precedente album (Section X) non m'è piaciuto affatto. colpa del cantante soprattutto, che non a caso è stato subito cacciato e sostituito con quasi-clone di jorn lande. speriamo bene...

Non li conosco, mi sapete dire più o meno? non rispondete prog e basta, fin lì ci potrei arrivare... il condizionale è d'obbligo

progjedi ha scritto mer, 12 aprile 2006 alle 09:52
    Luca`Dj6 ha scritto mar, 11 aprile 2006 alle 20:31
    BEYOND TWILIGHT

RELEASE APRIL 21ST 2006

Non li conosco, mi sapete dire più o meno? non rispondete prog e basta, fin lì ci potrei arrivare... il condizionale è d'obbligo
    http://www.beyondtwilight.dk/

area download e ci sono audio e video samples... che vuoi di piu'?

L'Onesto L'avatar di Fates_Warning

for the love of art and the making cambierà il modo di approcciare alla musica di molti... fidatevi...

quel che è sicuro è che non raggiungerà mai il primo album dei BT

L'Onesto L'avatar di Fates_Warning

Luca`Dj6 ha scritto mer, 12 aprile 2006 alle 17:20
    quel che è sicuro è che non raggiungerà mai il primo album dei BT
    Dipende... A me section x piace più di the devil's hall of fame...Io adoro kelly sundown carpenter (cacciato più per problemi di soldi che altro)...A me (g)Lande non piace granchè... Mi piace solo su Burn the sun...

Fates_Warning ha scritto mer, 12 aprile 2006 alle 23:17

Dipende... A me section x piace più di the devil's hall of fame...Io adoro kelly sundown carpenter (cacciato più per problemi di soldi che altro)...A me (g)Lande non piace granchè... Mi piace solo su Burn the sun...
    non si dicono queste cose

Shogun Assoluto L'avatar di uccio

Luca`Dj6 ha scritto gio, 13 aprile 2006 alle 01:00

te stai zitto che hai detto di peggio sui Rush

uccio ha scritto gio, 13 aprile 2006 alle 11:22
    Luca`Dj6 ha scritto gio, 13 aprile 2006 alle 01:00

te stai zitto che hai detto di peggio sui Rush

ma io posso in quanto tgm staff

altra newsilla molto interessante:

Israeli metal band ORPHANED LAND have announced that Steven Wilson of PORCUPINE TREE will produce their next album, entitled "The Never Ending Way of ORwarriOR".

Commented ORPHANED LAND vocalist Kobi Farhi: "We are a big fans of Steven's works, we are very much exited that we will work together and we are sure we will make an unforgettable album!"

Added Wilson: "I'm very happy to have the opportunity to work with ORPHANED LAND, one of the most unique and ambitious metal bands on the scene. I know we are going to make an extraordinary album together."

ORPHANED LAND is a band which combines progressive heavy/death-metal rock with ethnic Middle Eastern/Arabic/Israeli elements, a unique hybrid of styles that contributed to Steven's decision to work with them. The group have recorded three albums to date, the most recent of which, "Mabool", was their Century Media debut.

Existing completely outside of the mainstream, ORPHANED LAND have managed to create a large worldwide following, and their recent appearances in Europe and the USA at the ProgPower festivals have brought them to the attention of a whole new audience. Wilson is, of course, known from his main project PORCUPINE TREE as well as the producer of three of OPETH's albums.
    ________________________________________ ___________

steven wilson
    porcupine tree
    orphaned land

ho ascoltato mabool di loro, beh non sono male..

Banned

Luca`Dj6 ha scritto gio, 13 aprile 2006 alle 12:52
    altra newsilla molto interessante:

Israeli metal band ORPHANED LAND have announced that Steven Wilson of PORCUPINE TREE will produce their next album, entitled "The Never Ending Way of ORwarriOR".

Commented ORPHANED LAND vocalist Kobi Farhi: "We are a big fans of Steven's works, we are very much exited that we will work together and we are sure we will make an unforgettable album!"

Added Wilson: "I'm very happy to have the opportunity to work with ORPHANED LAND, one of the most unique and ambitious metal bands on the scene. I know we are going to make an extraordinary album together."

ORPHANED LAND is a band which combines progressive heavy/death-metal rock with ethnic Middle Eastern/Arabic/Israeli elements, a unique hybrid of styles that contributed to Steven's decision to work with them. The group have recorded three albums to date, the most recent of which, "Mabool", was their Century Media debut.

Existing completely outside of the mainstream, ORPHANED LAND have managed to create a large worldwide following, and their recent appearances in Europe and the USA at the ProgPower festivals have brought them to the attention of a whole new audience. Wilson is, of course, known from his main project PORCUPINE TREE as well as the producer of three of OPETH's albums.
    ________________________________________ ___________

steven wilson
    porcupine tree
    orphaned land

pensa che per me è il contrario.

gli OL sono una band originale con una forte personalità e coinvolgenti(se li si sa ascoltare).
    i porcupine sono molto bravi ma fanno musica sostanzialmente di maniera,poco emozionante.

Pag 8 di 21 PrimaPrima ... 67891018 ... UltimaUltima

Permessi di Scrittura

• Tu non puoi inviare nuove discussioni
  • Tu non puoi inviare risposte
  • Tu non puoi inviare allegati
  • Tu non puoi modificare i tuoi messaggi
  • Il codice BB è Attivato
  • Le faccine sono Attivato
  • Il codice [IMG] è Attivato
  • Il codice HTML è Disattivato