+ Rispondi alla Discussione
Pag 1 di 3 123 UltimaUltima
Risultati da 1 a 25 di 60
    NEO-GEO
    ospite

Predefinito Il remake di Gabriel Knight the Sins of the Fathers

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mis...th-jane-jensen

Ninente kickstarter, se le vendite vanno bene forse Activision si convince ad autorizzare anche un seguito...

Incrociamo le dita!

http://www.gabrielknight20th.com/

The classic Sierra adventure game Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers is coming back in 2014. Today series creator Jane Jensen announced a partnership with Activision to re-imagine the game for PC, Mac and iPad in 2014 with newly upgraded HD graphics. I spoke to Jane about the news yesterday, and what follows is a transcript of the conversation. Fun fact: I served as a volunteer beta tester for the original game 20 years ago!
    So now we can finally reveal what "Mystery Game X" is on your website! Fans will be thrilled to hear you are finally reunited with Gabriel Knight. How did this deal come about with Activision
    There were some people at Activision who were passionate about the old Sierra titles and one of them contacted me during our Moebius Kickstarter last year. There was more visibility of adventure games at that time with the various Kickstarter campaigns and the success of some big titles, so it looked like a good moment for them to get a project like this rolling at Activision. Those supporters inside Activision are really to thank for getting the project off the ground and for helping me get the license to do this game.

You aren't announcing a Kickstarter for this — it's already happening. Does that mean this is being funded by Activision and definitely coming out?
    My indie studio, Pinkerton Road, is licensing the game from Activision and developing it ourselves. We’re not crowd-funding the project. And yes, it’s definitely coming out!
    Let's talk a bit about your strategy with this re-release. You are re-making the art, but the core gamplay is going to stay the same, a point and click 2D adventure. As many fans know the GK series experimented with everything from live action to 3D. Did you ever consider re-making the game in a different style, in other words taking the story but re-interpreting it for a new generation?
    When we looked at remakes like Monkey Island or Broken Sword, or even some of the King’s Quest remakes, we really felt Sins of the Fathers needed to stay true to the original story and gameplay, both for reasons of nostalgia but also because it worked. We didn’t want to completely change the formula and break it! And the game deserved to be remade lovingly, just as it was. We are adding in a few new things here and there, but I wanted the original to be fully represented.

How do you think the point and click gameplay is going to hold up 20 years later on PC, Mac and iPad?
    Ultimately, the heart of Sins of the Fathers is a thrilling and compelling story mystery story with a romantic twist, and that still holds up. The gameplay is being tweaked a bit for the iPad version but is still quite similar to the original. Other point-and-click remakes have done well and are fun to play. As we get further into development and can playtest the game with both fans and new players, we may make some adjustments here and there to make it more fun if we see a need or a way to do so.
    Is there anything new we can expect in the design, any new puzzles, scenes or dialogue?
    One of my goals going in was to pump up the New Orleans flavor and also the spookiness where possible, so there are a couple of new backgrounds and puzzles that aim to do that. But that’s on top of the original content, not replacing it.

I understand that the great Tim Curry will not be reprising his voiceover role in the game. In fact you've had to re-record and re-cast the entire game. Why is that?
    Tim Curry was great! We didn’t have the original audio files, and at the time Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers shipped, the audio was pretty compressed. So to just strip it out of the original game didn’t yield a good quality. We had to rerecord. Because it’s been twenty years, most of the original actors would not sound the same and also the cost of getting that original cast was prohibitive. We really lucked out with Sins of the Fathers in 1993 because it was one of the first video games to use Hollywood actors like that, so everyone gave us a smoking deal (including SAG)! For the remake we used Bay Area Sound, who have done a lot of games with Telltale including Sam & Max, Tales of Monkey Island, and The Walking Dead. So we were in good hands and got good results.

Your husband Robert wrote an incredible score for the game, I still remember how fantastic it sounded on my Roland sound card. Is the music being updated or re-recorded as well?
    Yes, like the art, the original music is being redone with all the modern tools and it sounds amazing!

You and the team are surely busy working on your Kickstarter game Moebius, so how are you balancing the workload between the two projects? is Moebius geting close to completion?
    Moebius is getting there. We have all of the logic in the game now and quite a bit of the cutscenes done. We are doing the last voice session this week. So our plan is to ship around Dec/Jan. It’s a bit tricky to work on both at the same time, but because Sins of the Fathers is a remake there’s no writing to do for me, which is what makes working on them together possible. It’s mostly the team’s work on programming, and me on playtesting and making sure everything’s as it should be.
    Is the deal just for a re-make of the original, or does this open up the possibility of a NEW Gabriel Knight adventure down the road as well?
    The licensing deal we have with Activision is for this game only. However, I think there’s a strong chance that if we create a good game that does well with the critics and in sales, we can persuade Activision to allow us to do a new GK game. I certainly hope so! After all, there’d be no point in remaking the first Gabriel Knight game if not to relaunch and rejuvenate the series. Also, this is the first time since leaving Sierra that I’ve been able to do anything with the GK license holder, so that’s huge! I hope it’s the start of a beautiful friendship.
    Any ideas where you would take Gabriel for a GK4 if and when it happened?
    Yup. I have two fairly developed game ideas sitting on my hard drive. But I wouldn’t want to spoil it.

Ultima modifica di NEO-GEO; 08-10-13 alle 18:23:31

Shogun Assoluto L'avatar di Joe Slap

Predefinito Re: Il remake di Gabriel Knight the Sins of the Fathers

Grandissima notizia!! Una delle AG più belle (e difficili ) di sempre!

Il Nonno

Letta anche io adesso la news mandata ai backer di Moebius. Ovviamente lo realizzano i Phoenix Online Studios (pensare dove sono ora, partendo dal seguito non ufficiale di king's quest).
    Peccato per il cast comunque.

NEO-GEO
    ospite

si, infatti, che se Tim Curry del terzo GK non lo sopportavo!

Il Nonno

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da NEO-GEO Visualizza Messaggio
    Tim Curry è Tim Curry, e poi è bravo a fare l'insopportabile.

edit:
    Ci sto pensando ora, essendo backer di Moebius a livello CGS member, mi sa che GK è già incluso...
    Ultima modifica di MIK0; 08-10-13 alle 19:58:57

C'è una sola voce per il GK italiano: Melazzi!

NEO-GEO
    ospite

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da MIK0 Visualizza Messaggio
    Tim Curry è Tim Curry, e poi è bravo a fare l'insopportabile.

edit:
    Ci sto pensando ora, essendo backer di Moebius a livello CGS member, mi sa che GK è già incluso...
    Si, era il misterioso secondo gioco. Io invece mi sa che ho donato di meno e non ne ho diritto.

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da Joe Slap Visualizza Messaggio
    C'è una sola voce per il GK italiano: Melazzi!
    Anche io lo trovo adatto, però c'è chi preferisce quello del secondo.

Thalon
    ospite

La notizià in sé è positiva assai, ma ho come l'impressione che la joint venture Jane Jensen - phoenix online studios si stia trasformando in una vera e propria catena di montaggio di VG: a forza di usare l'engine di cognition per tutte le loro produzioni non vorrei mai che tutti i loro titoli usciti da qui in poi a guardarli sembrino fatti tutti con lo stesso stampino, o che i ritmi di produzione così serrati e brevi (li stan praticamente rilasciando uno dietro all'altro) non compromettano la qualità dei giochi finiti...

Mi sembra che Cognition abbia un aspetto totalmente diverso.

NEO-GEO
    ospite

Ma poi, sono l'unico scemo ad aver notato una certa analogia tra gli sfondi disegnati a mano di Cognition e quelli del primo Garbiel Knight? Non so a me mi hanno ricordato il gioco Sierra.

Thalon
    ospite

Mi sembra che Cognition abbia un aspetto totalmente diverso.
    Io guardavo ad esempio lo stile dei modelli del personaggi di Cognition e Moebius: troppo simile (vedi anche lo stesso uso del cel shading).
    Per il momento abbiamo un po' di bei fondali fatti a mano e giusto un modello 3D di GK visto da lontano (btw, tra l'altro jeans e maglietta non hanno lo stesso appeal dell'iconico trench nero che esibiva nell'originale, spero veramente che non lo lascino con quel completo), magari altri futuri screenshot chiariranno se i POS seguono la stessa linea o ogni tanto cambiano stile.
    Ultima modifica di Thalon; 10-10-13 alle 00:45:12

Lo Zio L'avatar di Exus83

Non ho capito, se non usano kickstarter dove si pre acquista?

Il Nonno

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da Exus83 Visualizza Messaggio
    Non credo si possa ancora.

NEO-GEO
    ospite

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da Exus83 Visualizza Messaggio
    Si potrò pre acquistare nel modo normale.

Però mettiamo in chiaro una cosa. Con Kickstarter non si è mai preacquistato nulla, non serve a quello.

Il Nonno

Si potrò pre acquistare nel modo normale.

Però mettiamo in chiaro una cosa. Con Kickstarter non si è mai preacquistato nulla, non serve a quello.
    Lo davo per scontato, ma fai bene a precisare.

Quello che dicevo è che per ora non si può acquistare anche perché uscirà l'anno prossimo. Può essere che dei tradizionali preorder verranno aperti più avanti.

L'unica eccezione sono i membri del Pinkerton Road CGS che riceveranno tutti i titoli dello studio creati nella stagione corrente, il che include anche questo remake.

NEO-GEO
    ospite

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da MIK0 Visualizza Messaggio
    Lo davo per scontato, ma fai bene a precisare.

Quello che dicevo è che per ora non si può acquistare anche perché uscirà l'anno prossimo. Può essere che dei tradizionali preorder verranno aperti più avanti.

L'unica eccezione sono i membri del Pinkerton Road CGS che riceveranno tutti i titoli dello studio creati nella stagione corrente, il che include anche questo remake.
    Ah si è vero, i backers che hanno diritto al misterius game? cavolo io ho dato solo per Moebius! :(

Il Nonno

Ah si è vero, i backers che hanno diritto al misterius game? cavolo io ho dato solo per Moebius! :(
    Tra l'altro non si sapeva che sarebbe stato quello il gioco, quindi è anche carino che vada a finire così. E non lo dico solo perché sono uno di quelli.

Bishop76
    ospite

bellerrimo

Il Nonno L'avatar di anton47

parrebbe anche bello da vedere...(speriamo lo localizzino )

Non mi piace il nuovo volto di Malia Gedde, è meno afro dell'originale e meno ammaliante.

Il Nonno L'avatar di anton47

Non mi piace il nuovo volto di Malia Gedde, è meno afro dell'originale e meno ammaliante.
    io sarò di bocca buona ma mi sembra una gran pheega

Lux !
    ospite

Quoto

Il Nonno

Rilasciato oggi sullo store dei Phoenix Online Studios. A breve anche su GOG e Steam.
    Se lo prendete dal POS Store c'è uno sconto del 50% se usate questo codice GK20TH50OFF, inoltre lì hanno solo il prezzo in dollari.

Io l'ho già preordinato su Steam, spero lo sblocchino per stasera.

Il Nonno

Io l'ho già preordinato su Steam, spero lo sblocchino per stasera.
    Io lo vedo già sbloccato e anche le news su steam confermano, ma non posso provare perché ho per ora solo la key di GOG.

Edit: rilasciato anche su gog. Per 48 ore scontano anche il 2 e il 3 per chi è interessato.
    Ultima modifica di MIK0; 15-10-14 alle 17:12:24

+ Rispondi alla Discussione
Pag 1 di 3 123 UltimaUltima

Permessi di Scrittura

• Tu non puoi inviare nuove discussioni
  • Tu non puoi inviare risposte
  • Tu non puoi inviare allegati
  • Tu non puoi modificare i tuoi messaggi
  • Il codice BB è Attivato
  • Le faccine sono Attivato
  • Il codice [IMG] è Attivato
  • Il codice HTML è Disattivato